Getting hiveos set up

well so far so good but last night went to bed nothing was registering mh, turned on just now and nvidia not showing anything… get them to show, then figure out overclocks, then a flight sheet i guess? does this screen tell anyone anything other than im winging it? thanks

1 Like

that didnt last… no hashy hashy…

get rid of overclocked rebooted drank a coffee back to hashing… but mh lower… ive monkied with the pool, the miner etc… any direction on overclocking and i guess more importantly, stability? unless that comes with the oc settings etc… anyhow… any input welcome, im just toolin around

You had the nVidia cards mining, so HIVEOS must like your flight sheet.
The only other reason I’ve had cards drop was due to overclock settings.
You know that core clocks below 600 and negative are offsets while higher core clocks are locked settings?
on nVidia set locked core clocks tot 1050 and drop those mem clocks to 1000.
If those work and are stable gradually raise the mem clocks until you have invalid shares or the card crashes.
Above the screen you show are notifications like nVidia settings applied. When a card fails the notification will be RED. If you click on the RED a screen will pop up showing the error.

Good Luck

first and foremost thanks for the comments… second… how dare you assume I know anything about what im doing lol… im going to let it run for a day or 5 and see if it just cranks along or if it is all over the place and get some coin to a wallet, then ill try and optimize it… id just like to see it run for a week or two and go from there

1 Like

that lasted 4 minutes… overclocked a few, and i want to say crashed the cards… the mh rating went away but the rig is stil at least blowing fans… ill unclock again, let it run, start looking at the power at the wall i guess

1 Like

When the hash rate disappears, your cards quit mining …lower the mem clock

anything remarkable here? :

6800 on the mem clock is borderline high …some cards can do it, others can’t

Core Clock at 1800 says your POWER LEVEL is too high you should lock your core clock around 1100 on nVidia cards and set Power Level individually for each card, starting high and reducing until the hash rate drops off.

Adjust for best hashrate/watt

Cool… ill see where I get to later tonight when I get back down there…

The 3060 TI should produce 60-63 MH/s at 130 Watts. You have your Power Level set to 192 Watts, that’s too high The 3060 TI should also be able to sustain mem clocks of 2600.

The 2060 should produce 33 MH/s at 83 Watts, Your Power Level is 140 Watts. The 2060 should also be able to sustain mem clocks of 2150.

I bought a 2060 from China and it runs hot and you can’t turn the Power Level down in Afterburner. It behaves much better in HiveOS and gives the hashrate and power i listed above. Most 2060’s run much cooler but that’s if they were made years ago.

Cooler GPU’s hash better and again, you want a higher hash/watt, not the highest hashrate possible.

dividing 33,000,000 by 83 yields 397.5 KH/watt or typically 400 kh/w for the 2060
the 3060 TI should yield close to 500 kh/watt. Those are the figures you want