Goldshell DHL fees

That’s insane…straight up robbery right there.

1 Like

Yes, indeed…. :weary: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Thank you for linking me to that comment thread, didn’t come up in the way I searched the website. Damn…. Learned a lot today.

To be completely honest though, Goldshell did email the guy and is looking at a solution to the $10,000 tax bill. We will have to see how Goldshell handles that particular situation before we just throw them under the bus.

Besides, Goldshell now puts the “declare value” in the control of the customer. The customer can declare how much Goldshell puts down for the “Declare Value”. It’s up to the customer to play by our tax rules or declare a lesser value and hope DHL delivers your miner to you safe and sound. If your shipment gets lost or damaged, DHL will only pay you what you put down for “Declared Value”. So, you risk the chance of paying a tax fee by customs, or risk the chance that DHL screws up your shipment.

You have the opportunity to buy miners for cheaper when going through the manufacture. Or you can go to a reseller and just pay more up front and not worry about surprises. Benefits to both ways…

3 Likes

Praying for a good outcome! ):

Well I have good news. Even though I put $2250.00 in the declared value but didn’t check the insurance box I wasn’t charged anything from DHL. Not saying this will be the same for anyone else but just thankful I wasn’t one of the ones getting ripped off by the shipping companies.

On another note I received my asic 3 days earlier than expected…

If I’m not mistaken,

Customs only can check a certain amount of packages, so there is a chance that your package with a declared value in the range to be taxed, makes it through without you having to pay.

It’s not the shipping companies that rips you off. It’s simply if your package is the unlucky one to be randomly picked to be inspected by customs, that you will have to pay any tax based on your declared value…

2 Likes

Just finished paying 150 duty to canada on a 628 order for a psu and an lbc box that I don’t even really want lok… time to find a better way!

The customs procedures are mostly different for each country.
With all my shipments that came via DHL, I had to show the proof of purchase / proof of payment. No matter what GS wrote in the papers, customs here checked it.
Fedex has been a little easier, but not necessarily cheaper.

Of course, I’m not at all happy about such additional costs either, but I calculate them in before I buy and then I don’t get a nasty surprise.

And guys, as much as taxes suck, always be aware that in most countries it is a crime to deliberately avoid customs, for which you can go to jail.

2 Likes