Goldshell HS5 Chinese to American wire cable

Hey guys so I recently received my HS5 Goldshell miner, it comes with a chinese cable rated 16a 250v
from the wall to the machine it’s a CH2-16R --------- IEC 60320 C19.

Now I’m in Canada so I can’t plug that in my wall, I could buy a C19 to C20 cable rated 20amp and plug it in a pdu then to the wall… or buy a C19 to a Nema 6-20P rated 20amp and then to the wall.

The problem is on the original C19 Chinese cable the Live and the Neutral are on opposite sides as the 20amp c19 ( see pictures)

Anyone else ran into that problem?
Is there an issue connecting the 20amp c19 cable into the miner even though the live and neutral wire are opposite side as the original Chinese wire?

I hope I put enough details. Thanks.

Here’s the 20amp wire

I know this is kind of late, but did you end up finding a solution?

Best option would be to buy a PDU most have both c13 and c19 connection plus they have the added benefit of surge protection and such. Amazon has tons of them for sale which is where I got mine from.

1 Like

Sweet, I ordered this miner today so just wanted to make sure since it is my first ASIC miner. I have a PDU like you mentioned with both c13 and c19 slots on the way. This miner is c19 to c20, so I would just need to plug my PDU in my L6-30P outlet and get one c19 to c20 cord for to plug into my PDU and miner correct? Got a bit worried when it seems like Fred says it was not compatible.