Hello fellow miners,
Just to save a few people the headaches and loss in profits. If your Goldshell miner is crashing every few days randomly or you notice your hash rate is falling to zero its likely because you need an update and your firmware is not up to date I recommend you update to the newest firmware. Currently the KD-Box is at 2.1.0. To do this just follow these steps.
- Log into your Goldshell miner while connected to the same internet your miner is connected to. You can do this by logging into your router and finding the IP address of the miner. If you have Xfinity you can wait until you get a push notification in the app that a new device connected then just type in the local IP address into your internet browser (example 10.0.0.70)
- One you are in just scroll down and you should see what firmware you have loaded in on your miner. If its not the most recent firmware and you are having issues with your miner then its time to upgrade baby!
- Head over to goldshellminer · GitHub then click on “Firmware” from there go to firmware-Goldshell-KDBox-2.1.0.cpb and download the file.
- Next you will want to go back to the miner in your browser by typing in the IP address while you are connected on the same network, Once the Goldshell miner comes up go to System…scroll down and you should see “Update” - Just pop in the .cpb file you just downloaded and you should be good to go.
- Your miner will restart you should the hear the fans get louder and it will come back on-line. (One of my miners came back on with a different local IP address so just make sure you are typing in the correct local IP before you freak out. Log in, check out the new UI and make sure your pool is still connected.
- Thats it!
– Let me know if I missed a step and I’ll update.