Goldshell KD Max: $714…good buy or bad?

Just won the bid on this KD Max for $714.84

Was this a good buy? What do you guys think?

I was actually about to give the buy kudos, but then I did a little bit of research and realized that its a power hog and almost uses as much power as the KA3. Right now its at a 5 dollar deficit a day. At current prices you would be better off just putting the power cost into the market every day. If KDA spikes during the next altcoin cycle, it could pay to power that puppy on and then you could just be looking like a genius. Also, you just bought a miner for 700 bucks that some people paid 50 grand for 1.5 years ago l, so theres that too.

1 Like

I’m it for the long haul…planning on just stacking and HODLing until the next bull run.

Pretty nuts to think that some bought this exact same miner for $50k not too long ago.

1 Like

Yeah for real. Some people got burned bad by ASIC giants doing battle. Good man!! Just for clarity. Are you planning on holding the miner until it’s profitable and then mining? Or mining with it now and stacking?

What’s your electricity rate?

2 Likes

Planning on mining and holding onto the coins until Kadena goes up again

@VoskCoin I currently average about .25/KWh :disappointed:

Currently looking at buying land in Idaho, Nevada or Texas to move all of my miners where rates are way better

2 Likes

Bro, it would be more beneficial by a longshot to just buy the coin outright at the current price until the coin pumps, especially at your current electricity rate. If you would like me to break it down to explain it I will. It’s clear though based off the math that by mining it at the current price, you’ll be much further behind compared to just buying it.

3 Likes

Actually this is good for anyone to see. So at your current electricity rate, per “minetheasic.com” you will be spending a whopping 20 bucks a day in electricity at your current electricity rate of .25/KWh to mine just 4.5 KDA a day, which is around 3.34. If you put the 20 dollars that you would be spending in electricity, straight into the current price of KDA you will have around 26 KDA a day. 26 KDA, compared to 4.5 KDA at the current prices, at the same cost to you, per day. If the market changes and KDA goes up, your machine can then be profitable and then it would make sense to mine it with the KD-Max.

3 Likes

@CryptoFreak good analysis. I had already done this, however since I am willing to mine and hold onto the coins until Kadena goes up again, I believe in the long run it will be worth it.

I’m also most likely going to move my miners to a different location where rates will preferably be between 3-6 cents per KWh.

1 Like

So after doing your own analysis, coming to the same conclusion, you’re willing to throw 16 dollars of Kadena away, per day, in the name of mining? Alright bro, good luck! lol

2 Likes

Trust the process lol

Dude you are out of your mind for mining at that rate even if it pumps your still losing money no matter what even if u hold. I’m lose my mind mining at close to.09 your almost triple.

3 Likes

Definitly buy that new land. Your screwd in every bear market with 0.25$ electric rate.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely going to make some moves to make it work. Moving my machines where electrical rates are way less and possibly adding solar into the mix.

2 Likes