Goldshell miner issues - New equipment only two weeks old

Hey Crypto fam. I recently ordered and received a KD Max and a KD6 SE two weeks ago. My KD Max stopped working and according to Goldshell my controller box went out so they sent a replacement which I just received. I did test my KD Max and it works but now I have an extra controller. My KD6 SE a few days ago stopped working. Goldshell told me my power supply unit is bad and now I need to ship it back to Goldshell at my cost. Then once received they will send me a replacement. I really want to like Goldshell products but are you kidding me! New items already have issues?? Is Goldshell using cheap parts? Or is their quality control lacking? I have had a KD Box and Doge Box miner since January with no issues.
PSA: If you own an ASIC miner especially Goldshell you better be comfortable working on them yourself.

Dave

2 Likes

Dave, I had the same experience with 2 x HS5, brand new out of the box direct from Goldshell. Defective psu and controller. CK5 fans failed. Recently 2 of my 1st batch doge miners are bricked / out of warranty and not worth shipping in for repair.
On a positive note, it’s easy to replace components, in these asics, availability of parts and pricing is another story.

2 Likes

Is there a good recommendation for ASIC parts especially for Goldshell? I cannot even imagine once my six month warranty expires. To drop $12k on a new machine the last thing I would expect is for a part to fail. Everyone talks about how much you can earn with a miner but there is a dark side as well….issues and reliability.

@ZEUSMINING (pretty sure) or myself can offer parts for most miners, including the bigger Goldshell ASICs

2 Likes

Yeah, I like Vosk’s method on when to take profit or pay off what you invested in the miner. I have only been in crypto for three years…been scammed, rugged, loved being a DeFi degen and made some $$$$$.

Got to love it.

Dave

1 Like

Thanks bro. You are the resource man!

1 Like

I feel the same. I researched and found out that Foundry and Bitmain both have programs to train on miner repair. I realize it’s not Goldshell but the methods of repair will be the similar.

https://foundryacademy.com/

1 Like