Goldshell Power Supply

Any recommendations on where to find goldshell PSU?

Or is using your own PSU simple enough that a non-EE can handle?

Thanks!

Which Goldshell miner model PSU are you looking to replace?
I can help if regarding the LB1.

Its their SKU# 20210518-1 or Goldshell customize Power Supply(Can use for 4 BOX Model)

PSU for the KD Box Mini

I am using a EVGA 80+ Gold , 650W power supply for HS box. ATX power supllies are just fine with the right wattage and rating. you just need to jumpstart because you are starting the power supply without connecting to a computer motherboard.

3 Likes

Right now the Goldshell power supplies seem to be back in stock on their website. They are basically PC PSUs that they have pre-wired for their devices 6-pin PCIe connections - this is my cousins KD-BOX and Goldshell PSU setup:

I plan to take the approach @pinapala is using for my KD-BOX. I have a 600w 80+ Gold rated PSU on my gaming PC that has at least 3-400w of power available. I’ll follow the tutorial from Goldshell to setup the wiring: https://www.goldshell.com/2020/09/01/instruction-of-atx-host-power/

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Edit: Looks like I need to jump start the PSU… sounds dangerous but here goes :slight_smile: …green lights ! its the little things in life.

Purchased the KD Goldshell mini Miner via E Bay. I have an existing Corsair SF600 which I plugged in via the 6 Pin to the miner and from the 8 pin. I get no power that I can tell (no fan and no lights coming on) I see recommended over 600W PSU. Do I have enough power or am I missing something?

Thanks Much

I am not super tech savvy yet was able to set up the Vosk Coin Edition LB Goldshell w the included power supply and have been mining

BUMP:
Solved the issue: :grinning: :grinning:

This stuff is like a 10k piece puzzle to me ( one step at a time )…

jump start a PSU? I had never heard of that. worked through it. In a 20 min YT instructional video if you fade for 5 sec you miss that - or I did anyway…

I am pinned here - I have a KD miner. I have watched the videos and cannot seem to get the Goldshell software to see the miner on my network, I have used IP Scanner as well as Yotta BC, I can see the IP address I believe on IP Scanner, the power is up the lights come on and I see the network is working. Do I need to log in to my router ?
Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

PS I was able to set up my HS Miner and my LBC miner - the KD miner not using a USB to connect to my network seems to be my issue.

I am trying to power 3 Doge Minis with an EVGA power supply. I havent purchased the PSU yet. Could anyone recommend me the right one to buy to safely power 3 box miners in my 120v outlet? Thanks.

You don’t need to buy the single overpriced PS from Goldshell.

2 Likes

235W±5%. So figure 250W for easy math.
750W total, but you really only want to be up to 80% of PSU capacity.
So the 750W PSU is not big enough.
X x 0.80 => 750
X=937.5 That is the minimum PSU wattage you should have.
Now go shopping.

2 Likes

Hey man, welcome aboard, hope its a bull run for you.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the info, i went and bought a 1000W power supply. My final question is what kind of CAT ethernet cable should i get for these mini ASIIC miners? IS CAT7 too strong?

All I use is normal wlan cables cat 3 I believe which go to a 8 port gigabit desktop switch which is hooked up to a wifi extender linked to the homes wifi router.

This way my mining cabinet is connected to the router via WiFi though the extender. I currently running a s7, S7-LN, R606 and laptop with no connection issues.

1 Like

What I’d like to know is can you buy cables somewhere to directly plug in these box miners directly into your PDU?

have you find goldshell PSU? if not, we have goldshell psu for sell, could you advice your model?

you can’t. you need a psu so that you can use the cable on your psu to plug it into your pdu

Hi brothers.i was just wondering if someone who has a goldshell 1200w psu maybe able to post the model number of the fan it uses. i am very curious as to how they disapate the heat so silently.cheers.

Could you be connected to a motherboard and the miner at the same time? I run a one of my PCs close to 24/7 and have an extra 6 pin to plug into… I don’t know if this is safe to do tho

you can buy goldshell back up PSU from BT-Miners