Goldshell Series 1 and 2

So who here is still rocking a few Goldshell Generation 2. (ckb) miners.

I have a couple of CK Boxes but they are off. Goldshell got me into mining, but everything is an efficiency disaster. I figured one more shot on a KA Box Pro - and it’s horribly inefficient now also. My first KD Box Pro was eye wateringly expensive. I can’t see me ever getting another Goldshell.

2 Likes

yeah sadly i kinda given up on mining, goldshell got me started with kd box now its not even worth having on , well unless i need a 100w heater :stuck_out_tongue: , goldshell now going the 1k+ watt routes with their prices beeing beyond greed, at this point i just wanna make back what i bought my miners for but kda beeing 0.45 per its a pipedream

Honestly? None of it makes sense unless you’ve built out enough solar or other “free” electric.

1 Like

It’s easy to get down. I moved to Iceriver 0’s and tried to always get in early as that used to work out quite well. But KS0 Pro and Ultra are not really all that great already. The plan there was to wait till Bitmain came and ruined everything then see if the 0 was as efficient. Which it was, till the 5’s came out.
So I got in first batch AL0, and am waiting for first batch RX0. AL0 has dropped to about what I expected it would, but it did it much faster than I thought.
So I’ve spent my evening on the GPU’s I just like that they can do anything and all the forking means there are new things to try. That’s proper mining right there…
Depin seems better than asic at this point at my level.

1 Like

I’ve decided to mine all the way up until the election on my gold shell miners. Yeah, I’m not sure.