Goldshell X5 MIner

Has anybody had any experience with the X5? Wondering why it’s not listed on the profitability charts on What to mine? Is it still a decent miner to get?

1 Like

I came here to ask the same thing. I got offered one for what seemed a decent price but I can’t seem to find anyone with real world experience with it.

Goldshell X5 mining calculator :pick: | minerstat

1 Like

I saw that it is a profitably miner but I was wondering why it isn’t listed on the 2 major asic profitability sites. Thanks for the link though.

My only guess would be they miner its self isnt as popular or they didnt make many of them

I see BT miner has them for sale now. Anyone have experience with these?

is there a reason why Goldshell is hiding the specs side on their website?

for the first time here i realised that GS made the comparison between the different powerrates and the hashrate. Did not see/realise that before:

when I can trust me thinking and the calculation of minerstat, then it is more effective to run it on low power mode than to run it on hashrate mode. :thinking:

At least for me with electric cost of .35ct/Kwh the low power mode would bring a lot more profit.

Did anyone pull the trigger on one of these? I am looking for the firmware as Goldshell has removed it from their github and I want to experiment with it.

I bought one and it just came in the mail a few days ago, my pdu should be here tommorrow so I can get it hooked up.

Just as an update, it’s been mining for three days and its been working well. I have it on the hashrate mode on f2pool and its reporting exactly 850 mh/s.

3 Likes

That’s awesome you got one I’m nervous to get one I was looking at “global.dxpool.io”Where did you get yours? What’s the profitability/day?

What are you seeing for profits right now?

I bought mine from Bt-miners and I’m getting between 31-35 doge and almost exactly .018 LTC everyday, so as of today roughly $12

3 Likes

Awesome just bought one thanks for the reply :+1:

1 Like

X5 is 850 mh/s and $1,600.
L3+ is 600 mh/s and around $900.

Two L3+ would be marginally more money than an X5 but would have about 30% more hashing power. Just something to think about.

5 Likes

Where did you get your X5? I am in the market for one as well.

would you say that bt-miners.com is legit?
they have the kd box for $9500 which is pretty dang good price. Also do you think the L3 is still profitable rn or is it just good enough to collect litoshis?

one more teeny tiny question. are they shipping from the florida branch or china?

I had no issues with them at all, I don’t know what kind of experience others have had but it was all good from me

1 Like

Which of the 3 modes do you use?