GPU Mining Questions and Setups

Hey, all. I am new to this whole mining process. I started because VoskCoin videos made me feel like it wasn’t as hard as I thought. I am also a Software Engineer; so, I thought this can’t be so bad. Well I have learned a lot. Lost some in Transaction fees; but over all an doing well and getting my feet wet. I want to get more into GPU mining. To get started, I set up NiceHash on my gaming laptop to see how it worked. I know I am not actually doing the mining and its more like I am selling my GPU to a market and getting rewarded BTC; but, hey got to start somewhere. I have a GeForce GTX 1080 and I am only getting @$1-$2 a day. I tried playing around with overclocking; but didn’t seem to make a difference. I assume it has do do with how NiceHash actually works. I have other Helium Hots spots on order to start getting more into this the cheapest way I can find. Maybe in a few months can use profits to dive more; but, can I get more out of my GTX 1080? Maybe doing the actual mining myself somehow if possible? Anyone have a link to some reading material or videos on how to set up GPU Mining? Ill get into custom rigs soon;but, again working on building up profit to do more

I’m a noob but Nicehash quick miner works best for me. I’m mining with a gtx1660 super and I get 31mh on it by just setting it to medium it don’t really set power lower but it’s oc’s is better. The stock card gets around 26 or so. I’m working on Hiveos but having problems with usb drive.

Wayne

Just download a good miner from original site or github like" T-Rex, Phoenix Miner, Gminer, NBminer, etc." choose a coin, get a pool (Ethermine, 2miners, nanopool) that mines that coin. Get a wallet that has that coin (Atomic Wallet, Zelcore Wallet) and follow “Startup Instructions on the Pool website for that coin.”

Sample batch files are included with most miners … one for each coin/pool combo. Just edit with your address and you’re good to go.

When you want to go PRO, try Operating Systems for mining like HIVEOS, build a flight sheet, pick a pool, miner, and settings for your GPU’s and you’re good to go.

Don’t waste your time with NiceHash

Thanks, I will look into it