Helium sucks now

Just a thought on Helium mining.

Well, this is a cryptocurrency that is not traded on very many of the big exchanges, and they use the tagline “The people’s network” right now. The real thing they are selling is the lora network. Big ideas about 5g are great, but until you have significant players willing to pay for it and miners to build it out, it is just another marketing plan.
What if all those lora miners shut down their miners for a day, week, or month?? With what I am making on my miner, I would be willing to do so. If it is the peoples network maybe the people should chime in and work together to be heard.

2 Likes

helium was never and will never be “the peoples” network. it is centralized and is becoming more centralized going forward. make what you can from them while you can. eventually if they get big enough they will drop regular people completely.

To put perspective on my view of helium mining now. I was very interested in it low power relatively low equipment cost and potential for DIY equipment are huge for home hobby mining. But the shifts are splitting up their network with new specific coins to each miner for their reward just complicating what was beautifully simple and functional. The icing on this :poop:cake is it is further centralizing and empowering the whales and not the network. I would rather invest in ETH mining at this point which is something we are already writing the obituary for and something I would not do or recommend.

2 Likes

I am advocating shutting down July 4th for at least 7 days. Any body with me?

1 Like

I am in !!

1 Like

Pass the word around.