Help with first rig

I have both the h110 and b250

The h110 only accepted 6bcards, I had to space the cards in alternate slots. Also having a DVI out as the onboard is a mission where I am as adaptors are pricey.

My B250 is running strong, you just need to make sure you power the board (I made that mistake initially)

At least with the B250, you can expand if the bug bites…

1 Like

So I bought the following:
EVGA gold 1000
120g ssd
Ubit risers
Veddha 6 gpu frame
Corsair vengeance 8g ddr4 ram
Intel G4560
G250 mining motherboard
RX 5700 GPU 8g

I flashed the ssd with Hive os and everything booted up fine. I’ve set up my hive account and added my wallet. But my miner won’t mine. It shows being online but that’s it.
Do I need to updated the software on the motherboard? Or did I do something in hive wrong?

Did you use the beta version? The regular one doesn’t work with 5700s.

1 Like

I used the regular version. I’ll have to reflash it with the beta version and see if that fixes my problem. Thanks for the help.

@bick0012 so change to the beta version and it has registered on the hive site. I think everything is working correctly. This is a pic of the miner. Let me know if you see anything wrong.

1 Like

I’m glad to hear it is mining now. It looks like you still need to set your clocks and get the fan speed up. Your GPU is pretty warm. I don’t use HiveOS but here are my settings from the last time I did. You won’t be able to get the core voltage that low so use 750 or 800mV (XT vs non-XT). Leave the memory voltage and memory controller voltage empty to start. Give it a try and if a GPU hangs after minutes or hours, drop the memory clock by 5 and try again. Keep doing that until it is stable. You may not need the core that high with a bios that isn’t modded so you can try reducing it after you figure out what memory setting you will run at. Once you get the memory and core dialed in, you can start dropping the memory voltages a bit. Also, you will get a better hashrate with Phoenix Miner.

My gaming rig is an rx580 on a b450 steel legend w/ a ryzen 2600 and my power supply is 850, no problem. 580 mines well enough, I leave it run on ETH most of the time, and the computer hums along like nothin’. When you go to play Red Dead you need to turn off the miner though :stuck_out_tongue:

Starting with 1 card just to learn is a good way to go. I’m building my first dedicated rig this next week, but for now just mining with a couple risers on this thing to learn.

I started similar to this. 2 RX570con my Tomahawk board. Mined for a while, now have a 7 card rig running rx570/rx580