Hi, Any other / cheaper / better PSUs for Goldshell Mini Doge 2 please?

Hi, I wondered if there were any other / cheaper / better PSUs for Goldshell Mini Doge 2 please?

I recently purchased a new Goldshell Mini doge 2 from Goldshell, However I didn’t realise it didn’t come with a PSU… I Believe they are asking $199 for a PSU, which seems alot?

TIA,

Steve.

1 Like

I’m all for cheap. The mini doge II is 400 watts. The 430 watts PSU for $30 (linked below) will work.
According to the Amazon link it has 2 PCI-e (6+2 Pin) . Take into account the +/- 5-7% draw of the miner (about 30 watts), and that’s the 430 watts on the PSU.

https://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Certified-Continuous-cooling-PS-SPD-0500NPCWUS-W/dp/B014W3EM2W/ref=sr_1_3?crid=25I4IBH0M7G83&keywords=PSU&qid=1688380905&sprefix=psu%2Caps%2C598&sr=8-3&th=1

Here’s a link to an older post that has some good ideas/opinions on the topic.

1 Like

I’m normally all for what u write your normally dead on and a wealth of knowledge but your off on this those wires are not good for mining most recommend a breakout board. I don’t trust them either your better of apw if u can deal with some noise. The computer psu can’t handle 24/7 they burn up within 6 months spend the extra money so house doesn’t burn down. BUT DO NOT USE THE GOLDSHELL PSU you will burn down house with that one

1 Like

Hi,
One of my Chinese ASIC Suppliers recommended these:- Low noise PSU 750W power supply Suitable for ASIC BTC LTC DOGE miner Goldshell KD BOX ST BOX CK BOX HS BOX Mini Doge A9 Z9mini| | - AliExpress
I see them around quite abit, I don’t know what people think of them?

It’s to pricey, and the cables are soldered to it, so you wouldn’t be able to replace it. And I would not recommend those cables it comes with, as it increase the chance of the miner burning out.

So what I recommend is getting an hp power supply of eBay, 750 watt or 1200.

Then a breakout board that supports the wattage.

You connect them together, then add the wires you need.

I recommend either using

Or

If you don’t like this option, you can get a bitmain psu. Just remember look for a psu that can run on your voltage.

Ah okay, thanks.
I’m quite new to mining etc, so need to read up abit about breakout boards etc I think.
I kind of see what you are saying though… Would an HP PSU be fairly quiet?

I am kind of tempted by e.g. a Bitmain PSU. Unfortunately I currently don’t know the voltage output of their PSU for a Goldshell Mini Doge 2 Miner. I think the wattage is 400. I have asked them a couple of times about the output voltage with little joy… They have sent this across and told me the wires are 10 amp and Input is 110 - 240v. https://www.goldshell.com/minidogeⅱ/

Update:- The goldshell Mini Doge 2 requires 400w at 12v DC, and requires 2 x 6 pin PCI plugs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apw3 will work on 110 it’s bitmain but they can be little noisy and u won’t hurt miner or burn down house please do not use GOLDSHELL psu it won’t last and will destroy your asic

1 Like

Yes, the APW3++ looks nice, I just wondered how noisy the fan was?

Also, what do people think of this PSU… It seems to have a fair output of 2600W and 10 * 5V DC PCI 6 pin plugs? Bitmain Antminer APW3 Power Supply PSU For S9 L3+ T9 NEW Condition UK 2600W | eBay)

Does it seem okay?
I’m in the UK, so 240v AC :wink: