What power supply to buy for mini doge miner + expand later

True. But 3 Mini-Doge are 699 (and Goldshell says ±5%). A 750w is just 7% over. I’ve seen some videos of them running quite hot with 3 box miners. Doable, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable with it. With a 1000w? Sure!

2 Likes

Great information always posted here. It’s why I love this community.
Also consider that if you aren’t able to remotely access your miners GUI, then the occasional restart may be necessary.
I prefer to use an individual psu for each of mine. Then I can deploy smart plugs and restart them from an app on my phone as needed.
EVGA ATX gold. Some come with a jumper included, but they aren’t that much more expensive to buy. The old paper clip trick still works too.
Of course you could use one smart plug on a single psu that powers more than one device, but restarting would cause everything on that plugs power supply to restart - :clock3:

1 Like

If you have a computer always on at home, like I have one with gpu mining, you can try Anydesk app, it will let you remotely connect to the pc at home and administrate the home network including ASICs.Individual psus sound like a waste of power to me.

1 Like

Good point. I only have 4 boxes. 3 are a pain in the rear sometimes. Restarting them usually takes care of the issue. I’m not near them constantly so being able to power them off and back on right from my phone is a problem solver for my setup. I prefer to only restart the problematic device as opposed to all of them on 1. If it’s doing it’s thing, I try to leave it be as much as possible. Thanks for the information. - :clock3:

What kind of problems? I didn’t know min Doge miners have a technical issue.

@Alexcool not sure.
I have 4 mini doge and they’ve been hashing since I bought them about 2 months ago - no problems and no restarts needed. But I have a hs-box I had to restart a few times. Stable now though.

1 Like

Got the power supply and switch in the mail today. I’ll get set up tonight and the mini doge should be here tomorrow.

1 Like

Connectivity issues that are more about the gateway that they are plugged in to as opposed to the miner itself. Restart and back to normal. My CKBox is zero problems on wifi since day 1. - :clock3:

90$ for New apw7 1800w

IMG_20211206_010524480

1 Like

Use litecoinpool or F2pool? I will use crypto.com wallet to start so I can get some interest eventually. I do want some doge coin though. If I use litecoin pool and only get lightcoin then have to pay a fee to transfer it into doge is it worth it? litecoinpool seems to do beeter according to this.

https://miningpoolstats.stream/litecoin

Hi All, What’s the best power supply if I just want to power 1 mini dodge? Thanks!

I did a comparison on this recently.

1 Like

viabtc.net is looking good also. Has anyone used it?

I haven’t, however I have been looking at it…