What power supply to buy for mini doge miner + expand later

Getting my mini doge miner in the mail soon. What power supply should I order with the intention on buying 1 or 2 more box miners in the future? I’ve been looking at 1000W which looks to be safe for 3 of these box miners as I purchase more. Here is a link to what I’m looking at now for best price ect. EVGA has the mother board jumper plug included and the 10 year warranty is a +. Any input or links to a better price or power supply is welcome. Thanks in advance

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-Modular-Warranty-220-GT-1000-X1/dp/B09CRH8YPV/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=power+supply+gold&qid=1641033608&refinements=p_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A16955319011%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6906988011&rnid=6525659011&s=pc&sr=1-12

1 Like

This is all you need. Let me know if you have any questions.

Not interested in those. Looking at other options. Thanks for posting.

For about $120 an EVGA 850w gold rated modular power supply will silently run 3 Goldshell box miners and has a 10y warranty. They come with the power on test plug adapter as well.

1 Like

Hi @JoeJoe , is this the ps you mentioned ? Is there any advantage to going with a platinum? Also you mentioned the power on test … what is that ?

1 Like

The higher the level, the more efficient the PSU is. Platinum is the most efficient

1 Like

yes that is it.

Computer power supplies don’t normally power on unless you connect them to a motherboard or jumper two pins. The evga ones come with the jumper plug that lets you power it up without a motherboard.

1 Like

So you think this 1000W would be to small for 4 and overkill for running 3 box miners? Thanks for the help!!

@WingNasty I think too small for 4 unless one is an st box which only draws about 60 watts. Don’t forget goldshell normally says their miners power draw is + or - 5%, so add that 5% into total power pulled when calculating the 80% rule.

Ok thanks. I think I will get the 1000W to be on the safe side of running 3 when I get more. Who knows if they will come out with something new that draws more power then these do. I wonder if they will come out with box bitcoin miners or something like that in the future?

Depending on what you’re planning to run, you can use a 850w ps versus 1000w. The 1000w though gives you more options for expansion.

1 Like

Its not much of a price difference. Also deciding on gold or platinum :thinking: I’m
going to use for a long time so thinking platinum

1 Like

You may also want to look at a Bitmain apw3 at about $200. It will supply 1200w on 110v or 1600w at 220v. The Goldshell one @cryptominernv posted above is nice too and easily handles 4 box miners.

1 Like

Do you plug your small box miners ps into 120 or do you use the 240 v? I’m wondering when I get my st boxes and mini doge if I can put them in the house and plug into 120
Or if I need to put it on the 240 pdu with the big boys in the garage.

Mine are scattered around in the house on 120v. 3 in basement on an 850w ps, 2 are solo with the Goldshell single ps, and 2 in my office with an 850w ps. My heat has barely kicked on as these are in rooms I use most.

1 Like

What about those? I bought my second kit from them for gpus. HP 750 Watt Platinum Power Supply 110-240V GPU Mining PSU Kit

They do not charge sales tax even when paying with fiat btw.

These are good too but I wouldn’t run 3 box miners on a 750w. The 1000w version would be ok for up to 3 though.

If you have the option, in my experience, 240V is always better. The unit will perform at its best at 240V and less resistance. That PSU that JoeJoe recommended is fine for both 120V and 240V but I’d go 240V given the option. Good luck :v:t3:

1 Like

There are more options on Parallel miners 1000wt as well. Platinum effeciency server type psus are so great. I run two HPs, so happy with them! 94%+ efficient. I think on server psus you can do more than 80% of maximum power safely, but I am not an expert.

1 Like