How to reset to factory default (Blackminer F1 mini plus)

Hi guys,

How can I reset to the factory defaults on my Blackminer F1 mini plus?

2 Likes

In short Hash Altcoin website. I assume by factory default you mean the Firmware?

2 Likes

Actually, my Blackminer can not get any IP address and its red light is flashing.
Do you know what should I do in this state?

Ok, full discloser, I do not own this miner and have never had one in front of me.
Any info is either my own opinion or an opinion I got from the 2 Vosk video’s on this miner.

https://youtu.be/iteb0axL0LQ

And

https://youtu.be/d9KvygrpHTM << minute 9:00

Is this miner new or used? Used by You? or purchased?

I see Cursed Mining has a few video’s on this miner, but we’ll stick to Vosk since we’re here.

The 2 problems you stated could be a slight oversite or a failure of Hardware. The Red Light could mean a few things until you connect to the net.

So first things first. Are you plugging in with an Ethernet cord or doing this Wifi ? Do you have an app or a program that “discovers your network”. Basically you run the app and it list every device by IP on your home network. So I would recommend plugging in Ethernet. Then run a Net discovery app. (on a home computer on that network) Locating the device by IP. Type that IP into a web browser (like on google chrome) and it should bring up the user interface for your miner (name:root pass:root).

If you’re powered up, plugged in (ethernet) and can not find your devices IP on a Net Discovery App, then it may be a hardware issue. Go plug to plug, the sockets on your router , down the cord, to the Miner. Check and look for faults. Try another socket on your router that you know works (like one from an existing working connection you have).

The flashing red light might just indicate power On, no connections, basically telling you the device is idol and burning electricity. You need to get past the IP/internet connection part first. Then diagnose the red light.

If and once you make a positive IP connection (device to device) and things seem OK. Take time to go look at https://support.hashaltcoin.com/firmware/blackminer-f1mini+/algos-bitstream.html and check your own firmware version to the newest or other updates.
You are better off using the firmware you have , for now, until you understand how to update and If your device is running proper.
To add, I’m unsure of your proficiency, so please excuse if I’m just saying stuff you already know and have already tried.

That’s my take up to this point. you need to make that IP connection before anything else can move forward.

And just to say. If all above fails. The next option is hardware test to the Connectors on your mining device. The #'s and name are there (real tiny). You’ll buy that connector on Amazon and solder it yourself (or just twist wires). Don’t give up, and even if you need to buy new connectors, it’s only a few bucks (under 10) and a couple days.

@Vosk We could really use advice if you’re free and out there Vosk.

A little side tip. Get a Amazon Fire tablet. ($40) Amazon Fire Tablet And use that for network discovery or other crypto task, like wallet apps and stuff. This will give you a device not connected to phone #'s and you. My fire tablet is my go-to for Net discovery. I scan for networks, log in the network, scan for all devices on that network. This could all be done from a cell phone, but cell phones and crypto are bomb waiting to blow. I usually connect all of my ASIC via my fire, because computers might have key loggers and other funky stuff. If you only use your fire as a crypto miner tool, it should remain bug/virus free rather easy. And Never put a wallet /assets on a cellphone.

1 Like

First of all, Thank you so much for your best consideration. I appreciate your time.

Now, I’m talking all of my tests’ report about this challenge.
I bought it new from Amazon.

Firstly, I was connecting it with LAN Cat6 cable to my router (tested with all ports one by one) and after seeing there was no finding any IP in my network software (nmap, Angry IPscan, Advance IP scan, …) then I login in my router console and saw that there was no any IP assigned to my Blackminer which is very weird.
Then, I re-tested all of those testings with my brother’s router and saw that nothing changed.

Secondly, I was trying to connect my computer serial port to a 10-pin IDC port on a board with this cable that I have purchased yesterday https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B007UQZD9K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
But my software (putty) can not connect to its port.

After that, I was trying to reset it to the factory default by pressing the botton but still nothing changed.

Now, I do have 2 questions:

How can I reset it to the factory default setting?
I was not using its Micro-SD card slot, How can I use it to boot its original firmware or Hive OS?

Thanks again for your time.

1 Like

Just thought of a test to try.
You can use an Ethernet cord from the miner to a computer. The computer will start telling you stuff about the connection it just made. Just like when you plug a USB storage device into your computer. If you plugged computer to device, via ethernet cord, and the computer does not find or recognize the miner device. The Hardware may be faulty.

If your computer starts telling you options and stuff, then you know the mining device is sending out some signal (relaying) and is likely working properly. In which case you might just be having difficulties logging in and setting up, in which case you may just need to re-think and tinker with your wires and approach.

1 Like

Good idea!
I will try to connect its LAN port to my computer and monitor any ARP packets between 2 Network ports by wireshark software and then let you know.

1 Like

A sub-comment to those 2 questions.

Reset buttons are finicky. Be cautious about doing what I’m going to type.
-make sure to push/hold the button 5 seconds
-make sure to push/hold for 15 and 30 seconds
if those do nothing
-Press and hold reset and Power down (electric) while holding the button, then reset
-Take a powered down device, press and hold reset and then power on, then release button

^^that power on/off stuff is risky, so make sure you are out of other options, just to play it safe

About the SD card and firmware. I go by old advice from Bitmain. They used to tell to not remove an SD to update firmware. Instead access the current firmware Version and then either revert or load a new Firmware you have downloaded and stored on a second device (like that fire tablet I talked about or just a computer) Via the current Firmware. Here’s why, the BIOS software on your Breadboard/device (raspberry Pi) has a registry inside of it to log and access hardware. Being that we use the Firmware like an Operating System on the device, removing the SD with current firmware and updating on the SD alone might cause registry error on the BIOS of the device when we re-install the SD card. So play it safe and upload the new Firmware from a second device you have via options on the current Firmware.

1 Like

Any connectivity device to computer? I’m on the edge of my seat :slight_smile:

This all reminds me of an old issue I had with a laptop I fried the wifi on. I connected it to my desktop via ethernet cord and it found the device but it had no IP and connectivity.
I kind of gave up. Then while resetting my desktop later , I saw lights on my laptop blink, opened notifications on my widows desktop computer and it said it 'found and issue and reset all connection IP’s". So somehow my Desktop Windows Via ethernet reset and re-assigned my laptop an IP and it had internet from then on.

I say all that so if your device and computer connect. Maybe keep that connection and try to get the internet via that connection. If you can get the miner to connect and work at all, then we know all other options are possible with settings and tinkering.

1 Like

I have uploaded my video clip here:

OK, awesome. So this means you are a go.
Are you actively mining?
Everything seemed good.
Both ethernet lights turned on (on the device) so we know that socket was good. Even better the green light (on ethernet) indicates connectivity.
The laptop screen (connection ethernet 7) showed the connection being made and active.
The blinking red light (on the device) is normal, indicating an idle machine.
The green light (on the device) shows positive connectivity.

From here, locate the IP of your device (while still connected to that laptop/shared internet connection). I assume that laptop has Wifi ? and is or can connect to the internet. You can do that by right-clicking on that connection on the laptop screen > select properties (labeled, ethernet 7) , Or running a network discovery app of some sort on your network.

Once you have the IP address of your device. copy/paste that IP address into the address bar on a Google Chrome. That should open your User Interface on the device as a interactive/viewable website. (name:root pass:root).

So what I said above is not how you would normally connect or run it. As of now, just connecting and mining is the goal. After that you have plenty of time to configure your network and stuff.

1 Like

I just want to double-down and cheer for you.
Your machine appears to be working just fine.
These issue’s you’re are having, we all had them. All of us.
It’s kind of fun and funny, in recollection.

It may be frustrating, but you’re doing great.

1 Like

Yes, I have connected my laptop to internet by its WiFi.

Actually, as you can see on the picture:

The Ethernet 7 is on the Unidentified status and can not get any IP address (because there is no any DHCP server)
Do you mean I should set a static IP address on my network Ethernet 7?
Thank you for your time :pray:

1 Like

I know this sounds odd. But tinker with it. On that properties window/panel, Disable and Enable the connection. Click Diagnose and let windows try.

OK.hmm I remember a trick. Go to the properties on your “Wifi 6” (wireless connection) , and enable “share internet connection” you may need to locate and direct it to “Ethernet 7”.
That will force your windows (laptop) to assign Ethernet 7’s device a network IP address. You might need to restart the computer (with everything still plugged in) to force the network changes.

This issue you’re having is likely caused by 1 thing. The manufacture never tested the device after they built it. Because your device has a BIOS operating system built into the board, the first connection is always tricky. Once it connects 1 time, that “no ip” issue stops because the BIOS knows how to handle the connections.
EDIT: a person building their own GPU rig may also have this same issue. generally Operating systems like Windows would run a Net Diagnostics (behind the scenes) and do it for us.

Just looking at it and thinking.

Because it say’s : No Network Access.

“change settings of this connection”

May need to be applied to both of those network connections. Not just wifi 6 but ethernet 7 also, to share internet.

Once a positive IP and then a connection is made. You should/might be able to then, just plug the ethernet cord into a router and the router will know to assign it a network IP address , since the device BIOS would then be set up. (but do that much later, get mining/working first)