How to setup used bobcat 300 us915

Used bobcat 300 on eBay & I’m having trouble getting it setup. I installed helium hotspot app & helium wallet app. I created a new helium wallet & connected it to the helium hotspot app. Now I go to add my miner to the hotspot app and it asks choose your maker. two makers are freedomFi gateway & helium hotspot. I’m NOT seeing bobcat 300 on the list so I chose helium hotspot and it says to connect power & antenna which I do. Then it asks for you to turn on Bluetooth on my phone & to press the button in the back to activate Bluetooth on the bobcat & you’re bobcat light will change to blue completed. I press next & it searches for the bobcat 300 but never connects. Can anyone help me with what I’m doing wrong since I have repeated the steps several times? Maybe a link to the correct instructions for this (I have found several that differ)?

From the seller in box is a twelve word helium account password but I figured this was his wallet password & setup my new helium wallet. In the box also is certificate card and on the back of card two more sets of 12 word passwords with one set crossed out. Again I’m assuming these are password phrases for his wallets that he forgot to remove from box.

I’m no HNT guru, but I did buy a Nebra off ebay as my second one. The important thing for me then was that the old user transferred the device over to my wallet. As I understand it, they can only be registered once. Then they are locked to that wallet. If you sell it, you have to transfer it (for a fee) to the new owners wallet. Assuming this unit is 2nd hand, then you will probably have to load up the wallet provided to get access to the device. Once you do that, you would really want to transfer it to a new wallet as those keys you have been provided are known by someone so you could easily get drained.
Because you are in a different location to where the device was registered, you will also have to assert a new location - also for a fee.
When I bought mine, I gave the previous owner some extra to do the transfer, which we did after it arrived. If the old owner still has the wallet installed they could do the transfer to your wallet still. Fees were pretty low way back when I did mine. Don’t know what they will be now.