I am LOSING MONEY Mining Bitcoin

I am kind of panicking, as I am losing money mining Bitcoin, and after running the numbers, it makes sense to shut down some Bitcoin miners… Even though Bitcoin produces $30m daily for miners, I am losing against big BTC mining farms… Buy Liquid Cooling Equipment here - Fog Hashing | Liquid Cooling Expert for Next-Gen Computing

Fog Hashing makes the best immersion mining equipment - Fog Hashing | Liquid Cooling Expert for Next-Gen Computing
Altair sells the best PDU for mining here - AltairTech.io ATP1M Metered PDU, 30A, 1U, 240V, 7500W, L6-30P Plug – Altair Technology – Bitcoin Mining Solutions
Digital Shovel Minipod mining container - Digital Shovel x VoskCoin
Evergreen sells hard drive miners here - Shop – Evergreen

Don’t forget to subscribe to VoskCoin! https://voskco.in/sub

:alarm_clock: Timestamps :alarm_clock:
00:00 Losing money mining Bitcoin after the Halving
01:00 Building a bigger mining farm
02:05 Not efficient enough?
03:44 Building out more electrical infrastructure
04:40 Immersion mining or aircooled mining?
06:40 How much am I losing a day?
09:43 Running miners and not selling them
11:00 Putting them in storage containers?
11:43 I need to use a lot of electricity to get a cheaper price
13:08 Immersion fluid is kind of nasty
13:55 Making hard choises
15:00 Managing allot of different things right now
16:11 I have allot of different BTC miners
17:38 Will Bitcoin double?
18:50 Running with what I got

VoskCoinTalk the VoskCoin forum - VoskCoinTalk - Best cryptocurrency & blockchain forum
VoskCoin Facebook - VoskCoin
VoskCoin Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/voskcoin/
VoskCoin Discord Server Invite - VoskCoin
VoskCoin Twitter - x.com
VoskCoin Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/voskcoin/

VoskCoin is for entertainment purposes only and is never intended to be financial investment advice. VoskCoin owns or has owned cryptocurrency and associated hardware. VoskCoin may receive donations or sponsorships in association with certain content creation. VoskCoin may receive compensation when affiliate/referral links are used. VoskCoin is home of the Doge Dad, VoskCoin is not your Dad, and thus VoskCoin is never liable for any decisions you make.
I am LOSING MONEY Mining Bitcoin…

1 Like

You don’t have to do 1MW of solar in one go. Inverters are limited and you could just do bit by bit. where I live 400 watt panels are $133 usd. 12kw inverter is $3600 (3 phase). because youre in the land of the free your array would probably be a lot easier.
I guess the only issue is you want 3 phase power and building out in solar when youre in single phase would wreck that.

You could build a microgrid based on solar and backup LPG generator, such as a 50hz generac generator, program it so miners only run at X solar production so youre not burning propane and just use the generator to take the load of solar suddenly cuts out, and then when you finally get 3 phase power if you dont want the generator then sell it and connect your existing infrastructure to the grid. Might be worth running the numbers for

1 Like

Ultimately I do not think any Bitcoin miner is going to lose money, that is if you do not have to sell your Bitcoin at lower prices.

Suggestion: If the current Bitcoin price is NOT profitable, at what Bitcoin price will you return to profitability…always a good slant on such a topic.

What about $80,000 per coin? What about $90,000.00 per coin, etc…

I am paying my electricity with cash and if need be, stock, holding my Bitcoin until the price is allot higher. Ideally, I would NEVER sell any of my Bitcoin (plan to borrow against it and invest) but if I am forced to sell some, I want that money to let me mine for say a full year. So while it sucked that I had to sell, the bright side is I have my utility bills covered for the next year and will not have to sell any more Bitcoin.

My ultimate goal is to have my electricity paid through 2030, but I will settle through the next halving, in 4 years…so if I could have my electric costs covered until 2028, then I could just stack bitcoin.

I did like that your Kaspa miner was allowing for a more profitable outcome, shame it halves every month…for those of us who have never mined it, makes putting out $10K or more a bit risky, might be better to risk selling my Bitcoin.

Keep the great reviews coming!

any bitcoin mined of mine after halving isnt being sold until we hit at least 80k worst case. but if im financially stable enough i would wait until at least 100k before selling.

Ouch…

I received $328.45 worth of Bitcoin when the price per was @ $65,118.39, …

well I finally got a full month’s electric bill, for this one miner, I paid $520.77 (my electric is higher than most at about $0.12 cents per…fyi)

so did the math…

$328.45 / $65,118.39 = $520.77 / X

Solving for X, give me a break even point for that one Antiminer S21 at $103,247.00 per Bitcoin.

Getting my air flow problem worked on, not finished yet, but if it was finished, I would have at least 10 ASIC miners All either Antiminer S21s or Whatsminer M60S so 200 and 184 Ths respectively.

Assuming all cost $520.77 per month to run, I would need $62,492.40 for 1 year.

Assuming a 2nd circuit, same cost, but now 22 ASIC Miners, I would need $137,483.28 per year.

So my current goal, is to put investments together that will cover my electrical costs through 2030…

Hopefully Bitcoin will be released from the carry trade (futures and shorts) soon and start to rise to somewhere between $100,000 and $400,000 per Bitcoin.

Thanks to investments in $GOOGL, $NVDA, $AMZN, $TSLA, $MSFT and others, I have increased my stock portfoliio by about $20K since May 2024…while that might not continue, no reason to expect that it will not…besides, even if a 1920s level downturn, I would bet on all of those businesses existing on the other side, so would just ride em down and back up again, however long that took.

But I am rambling…

My current goal is to put aside cash for 1 years worth of Electric and have Stock and Bitcoin investments for the other 5 years to cover Electrical costs through 2030…with the goal to mine bitcoin and never sell any…granted I might have to sell 1 Bitcoin when it gets over $300,000 to make sure I can stick to my guns…

After seeing the costs, totally understand why some, turn off their miners while waiting for a higher price…would hate to do that, but would do that if I had to.

I was surprised by how much my costs are at $0.12 per kwh…shows that I am a newbie…probably should not have been.

Why don’t you send your miners to a farm? You could cut that power bill in half.

I answered to someone else, at least I do not think it was you @CryptoFreak, that I want to 100% control everything related to my Bitcoin mining adventure, regardless of the cost of my electricity which is higher than some and lower than some…Yea I wish it was closer to $0.08 kwh and not $0.12 kwh.

I also posted under the what did you to today column, that while I am not profitable now, if I sold my bitcoin to pay electricity, as Bitcoin rises, that same Bitcoin will be worth more than the Electrcity cost.

Just recently I took a number of stocks that I already own and put them in multiple “buckets”. Each of those buckets will be sold, if I need the money, at a specific point in time, these first four Buckets are slated to be sold the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter of 2030 (6 years from now to let appreciation and compounding, reinvestment of dividends, etc… do their jobs). So I know I will have the Electric bill paid for througout 2030, now…I know this now. My intention going forward is to do this same thing with a hodgepodge of invesments every year, so next year I need to take care of every quarter in 2031. Between this year and next year, perhaps I can purchase some more investments to cover the quarters in 2029 and start working my way backwards to 2026 or 2025. Lets say for easy math, my two circutis of miners will cost me $12K per month. Then I only need to sell enough investments each quarter to cover 3 months or $36K. Very doable. Basically if 2 circuits require $144,000 per year in Electricity to run and Bitcoin hits $432,000.00 per coin, I would consider selling 1 Bitcoin to cover 3 years of Electricity costs…this is how I plan to get through the next halving also. Once I turn all my miners on, it is my intention to run them until they can’t be fixed any longer, then replace them and keep running…

Since I paid for my monthly Electricity with $USD that is documented as reducing in value by 10% per year, in the future, when $BTC goes up, and we all believe it will, that fiat $USD money I used becomes a net positive for me going forward, rather than the net negative it would have been, had I kept it in $USD fiat OR if I paid for my Electricity with that mined Bitcoin.

Now just this weekend, I moved money intended for the down payment on a car into an Account to purchase some $BTC, so that when it goes up, not only will I have that “down payment”, I will also have 2 months worth of mining Electricity pre-purchased (money to pay my Electricity on my mining Bitcoin for 2 months).

Since I plan to mine $Bitcoin for the remainder of my life, which sadly will end, but happily before the last Bitcoin is mined, my new focus is to put enough investments aside to pay my utility bill through 2030. I just pulled that date out of the air. Helped that many believe 1 Bitcoin will be worth either $1 Million, $10 Million, $30 Million or more by 2030.

Since my mining farm business will be combined with a Trust and a Foundation, in the future I will be able to borrow against my own $BTC at low interest rates, that I set myself for my busineess, Invest that money in whatever I can at a higher return (they way the rich do with Insurance Policies today) And use my investment returns to pay the Electric Bill, Taxes, Buy more Bitcoin, etc…

Oh one last thought, allot of Miners that I would send a rig to, are in Texas, don’t know if you are or not. But just watched the Texas “Blockchain” person (don’t remember his exact title) state that Bitcoin mining is good for the Electric grid in Texas, they use our excess energy which helps support the Texas Electric Grid and when the Electricity rate goes up to like $0.20 per kwh, they shut off their miners, which also helps the Grid.

I am thinking that many companies mining with containers near Electric sources in Texas would turn off miners long before the kwh reaches $0.20 per kwh. I laughed when I heard that number, believe most in Texas doing this are getting between $0.06 and $0.08 per kwh…

Have a question for you, others might be interested to know, If I am mining with say a Bitmain Antiminer S21 with your company or a company your recommend that I send my miner to, at what kwh price would you cut off my miner and save me money?

Not just curious, like #voskcoin, I am considering sending a couple of miners to someone to do this, but will wait until I have maxed out my 1st 220 circuit before doing so. I figured the max, given 80% loads, of miners I could have would be 14. I subtracted by one or two, figuring some overhead for fans…

So if I have an extra miner, instead of waiting until I can afford the 2nd 220 circuit, would send them to someone to mine at a cheaper electricity price where my Bitcoin could be sold to support the expansion of my mining “farm” company. So seriously, I may be looking for your services or the services of someone you recommend in a month or two…first have to max out my circuit and know that I can pay the Electric bill here.