I bought 2 KD-Box KDA Miners

@JoeJoe
I’ve lost track of the accounts, but what I know is CoinMetro uses all the Kadena chains.

3x on conservative side. Not financial advice.

1 Like

As of Aug Kucoin also supports all chains and auto selects chain 1 for withdraws. I’ll check it out though.

Kucoin

• Official KDA exchange

• Accessible globally

• KYC not required

• As of August 6th 2021, deposit of KDA in all 20 chains (chain 0 to chain 19) is now supported.

• When withdrawing KDA, Kucoin will transfer your KDA to your Chain 1 address

1 Like

@JoeJoe
I also have a Kucoin account.
Like the point you made, so many accounts.
I’m holding my KDA and CKB for as long as I can, especially to avoid any extra early taxes.
My hope is that holding cryptocurrency will be an effective hedge against inflation considering how bad it already is.

1 Like

Follow them on twitter, or sign up for their emails to get their passwords. It changes regularly.

Can someone please help me with my KD Box miners. Losing money by the WEEK at this point and I cant figure out the simplest thing- how to access the interface . There are absolutley zero videos showing trouble shooting this issue and this is becoming a nightmare. I can see the IP address on my router ( ethernet ) , I can see the IP address on find my gold shell. but the ip address will not load. It says it took too long and goes blank. If I unplug the ethernet, I do not see the same ip address of even a gold shell ip address in my connected devices via WIFI . What am I missing? :frowning: I also have a thread dedicated to this in ASIC page.

1 Like

Great advice! Thanks!

Are these wifi? If so, connect to their individual wifi hotspot, then type in 192.168.0.1 in browser, this should bring you to miner page where you can setup pools and other settings

2 Likes

if the kd-box has the wifi antenna, put that on, don’t plug it into your network yet, then using your phone or your wireless wifi laptop disconnect your phone or laptop from the wifi, THEN, look at available wifi stuff, look for Goldshell or something like that, connect to that.
Whatever the address family, like 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.0.1, that is probably the address of the miner, log into it, default is admin and 123456789
then connect it to your wifi.
Then find your IP address on your wifi of your miner, then log into it again, change the password, configure your mining pools, and if you want to hardwire the network do it but turn off the wifi in the admin panel

4 Likes

itll tell you the adress from attached devices if u log into your router

1 Like

Wow, Thanks so much. I figured it out via these instructions and some other members on another post. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

Everything is easy when you know how…
the painful part is getting to the know how

4 Likes

you got that right

1 Like

absolutely. Figuring it out is the hardest part! so simple now though. I was definitely getting real stressed out and full of anxiety after two weeks of this. Thanks once again. How much crazier is the next step to jumping to a larger unit that’s not a box? is set up about the same? I will research the electrical requirements but setting up the box miners was my first step prior to thinking about getting a larger asic.

1 Like

The KD5 was easier than the wireless KD-Box for the very reason that I had to communicate wirelessly first.
That threw me for a loop for probably a quarter of an hour, but I hit up the internet, the manufacturer website and found some instructions then BLAMMO!
I configure a lot of servers and other computer stuff so I knew some of the pitfalls I was looking to avoid.

What did you pay for KDBOX . I just ordered and paid 7k.Hope this will work out longterm. What’s your experience so far?

1 Like

Hi @KJ1
I paid $8,517.88 for two of the KD-Box miners, delivered.
The boxes mine just like they are supposed to do.
Setting them up wasn’t intuitive, because you have to log into them like they are wireless routers, first, before you can get them on your network.
Otherwise, set it and forget it.

Thanks Thorn. Appreciate your input my friend. Looks like I paid that for just 1 . ha ha. I believe this will be a good one long term.

1 Like

I got in for $1,500 earlier this year. Looking back I should have got a KD5.

3 Likes

@ArsenalFan
OIY!
Tell me about it.
We all could have made out if we put all our money in the right place at the right time!!

3 Likes