I’m earning 3x HNT with Finestra compared to Bobcat

I find this strange and I need some help because I think something may be wrong with my Bobcat. I am earning 3 times the HNT with my Finestra as compared to my Bobcat, and that is under identical conditions. By identical, I mean the exact same location and antenna. I had my Bobcat in my attic for about a month. It earned about 0.1 HNT/day with an 8dBi antenna. That earnings seemed low when I compared them to others around me and given my location. When my Finestra arrived, I figured I would try a little experiment. I disconnected my Bobcat and replaced it with the Finestra - physically in my home and on the Explorer. I instantly began earning more HNT and it has leveled off at about 0.3 HNT/day for the past few weeks. Why would I be earning so much more, and consistently more, with 1 miner as compared to the other? Given the lower initial earnings of my Bobcat, I assume something is wrong with it.

Additional evidence: I have since shipped my Bobcat to my brother (hundreds of miles away and he resides in a very flat area). He reset the miner and we updated the location to his address and connected it with the standard Bobcat antenna. It has been synced for a little more than a week now and my brother is only averaging 0.05 HNT/day and he only has 1 witness (who is less than 1km away). When I look on the Explorer, he has 12 other miners within 3km of his house. I feel like this supports the thought that something might be wrong with my Bobcat.

Has anyone seen this before or have any thoughts on what might be causing this? Thanks in advance for any, and all input.

If you managed to get the BobCat MAC address black listed in the HNT network, moving it will help recover it, but it will take up to a week on the cycles of POC to finally see it back to a good transmit rate.

Can you please help me understand: how would I have gotten it black listed? The Bobcat has always performed the same since the day I unboxed it.