Ideas for miners under 300?

Trying to find something under $300 suggestions are appreciated!

2 Likes

If you want a goldshell X5 I will happily sell you one for $250, which is 600mh/660 watts on low power or 850mh/1450 watts (I think) for scrypt mining. Happy to also print a dust proof box with 4 inch ducts if you have an exhaust to help keep it clean. I also have fan simulators coming for my X5s this week and can print a 6 or 8 inch intake if you want. Otherwise I think L3 units are around $200 which people seem to still buy however I personally have not owned one

But apart from that are you open to all algorithms of mining?

5 Likes

A Raspberry Pi and some sort of node or hard drive mining.

It’s kind of nerdy because you have to build/tinker your Raspberry Pi and learn Linux. But bang for buck, it is viable at less than $150 to build. Realistically, you’d spend $100 more bucks on extra’s/accessories like cables or cords.

Node mining is also dependent on your ISP/Internet , but you already pay that bill.

quad core on Amazon

It’s something to consider. And it’s not exactly “low grade” as you would be performing at a Par level to all other node miners.

2 Likes

For a hundred more dollars you can get a SC Box II. Decent little ASIC that uses little energy and currently pulls about a dollar a day before energy costs

2 Likes

Alright, Seems like something to consider for sure and I appreciate the offer. I’m open to all algorithms currently (i’m just trying to get a miner or 2 that will make a little bit of passive income)
I don’t currently have an exhaust. Does it come with a psu? my only concern would be noise. How loud is it? @Kadiyania Interesting idea, but I’m currently looking for more simple just asic/gpu style miners (Mostly because I have no idea what I’m doing and I’m really into POW) @RetroParc Wish I had an extra $100 to the budget lol, but I’m currently pretty broke haha. I appreciate all the responses! (also 3070’s looking really nice right now on nexa) Oh also anyone know if they are releasing any new scrypt miners?

2 Likes

Yes it comes with a PSU and yes it is noisy. 2 things you can do. First, last year I used a broken chest freezer to make this https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/wuqvab/reduced_my_l7_decibel_level_to_6065_using_a/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf if you read the design in the description it explains how it works. If you do that you have to make sure you have 100% sealed off the hot side from the cold side or hot air will blow back and cook your miner. Second I can still make you a box with 4 inch ducts and if you put 1m of ducting hose on each side it would make it heaps quieter, you just would t be able to put a dust filter on it. If you don’t want it that’s cool I’ll still keep on running it myself, but i think it’s safe to assume Bitmain will make another one.

The evergreen miners start at $300 and is quiet from what I understand, that might be better? Cheers

2 Likes

Alright, thanks! I’ll probably stick with something more like gpu’s since those always have good resellability. Sadly, im still in a basement, so noise is an issue. Cant really afford to buy a shed and run extra power right now :frowning:

2 Likes