Import Issues - - What the heck?

Incorrect. I have no obligation to verify back through the supply chain whether the raw materials were purchased legally. I have no obligation to confirm that child labor wasn’t involved. I have no obligation to find out whether there were bribes paid to local officials. I have no obligation to confirm whether shipping regs were followed.

I DO have an obligation to not ask for preferential treatment. I DO have an obligation to not knowingly circumvent any customs requirements. I DO have an obligation to ask for a final number including tariffs (which I did).

To require an audit all practices and procedures of an international shipper would be onerous, and unnecessary.

Can I ask who is your suppler? Is your suppler telling you u need to pay it? I’m guessing everything went through the suppler and he has declared way less on a order that probably is more miner then just yours and he can’t pay it? I am sorry for going at u just figured you knew what was happening as u can see there are reseller that do this all time and your not the first this has happened to. Would be nice if you name the suppler so this doesn’t happen to others. Do you know how much Is holding up your order is it just easier for u to pay it? Or is it tens of thousands. Not sure what proof you have but guess give it some time in hope your suppler deliverer ASAP but for sure shit he better add something because of your wait since it’s his fault and no one else’s

Verifying they didn’t use slave children is not the same as verifying they are declaring the full value and not trying to circumvent tariffs which is no less your responsibility than asking for final numbers including tariffs which if you asked should have clued you in to something being off.

Just wondering. Do you ask these same questions when you are buying a car? I doubt it. You probably ask the same ones we all do, what is the final price after tax title, fees, out the door. Because the dealer is presumed innocent. It would not occur to you that they may sidestep the tariffs. IF the product is obviously obtained illegally then don’t buy it, maybe even report it. But the consumer does not have the responsibility to do a background check to make sure that the cow that made the milk for the ice cream was not rustled. I my mind the reseller owes him the miner he ordered for the price they agreed. Which really sucks for the reseller, but he knew beforehand he could get caught. Just my opinion.

1 Like

I don’t have to ask a car dealer about Tariffs for a list of reasons top amongst them is I buy a car that has already been imported and the tariff is the responsibility of the importer not the buyer. So a big difference is when buying these ASICs from a foreign nation you become the importer in addition to the buyer.

Customs is holding them until we pay, roughly $22k due

1 Like