Incoming Rig Specs (or, how I may have foolishly spent some USD ;)

Which GPU cards are you using with those settings? RX 470 8GB or a different model? I haven’t been able to unlock the voltage settings in MSI Afterburner, though I tried to set it as active in the settings.

I have same problem on beginning was problem with gpu drivers and some missing h81 drivers on beginning I use latest adrenalin drivers move on crimson beta plus use driver updater

Or try in msiafter burner where is unlock voltage control select third party.I use rx580 8gb hynix 1590514026502-1612512882|666x500

Let me know or third-party unlock voltage :wink:

Maybe I should start a new thread for this, but after almost a week of mining on NiceHash with 4 X AMD 470 8GB’s I’m averaging a little over $2 a day:

The first day it wasn’t running for a full day, and the 27th it shut down overnight as I was still messing with settings. Anyhow, $2 is a bit under what their calculator comes back with:

But, pretty close the whattomine comes back with:

Right now it costs about $1.50 in electric to run the rig, so it’s only making about $.50 a day (not counting any taxes or transaction fees). A bit less than the original $1 I was seeing as an estimate (the NH calculator was coming back with $2.50 daily income when I was looking at their numbers previously). So, looking at closer to a 3 year ROI instead of under 2 years :frowning: Unless I drop my electric usage/cost further somehow, or the payouts go up.

Not trying to hate on NiceHash, but their profit calculator results seem to vary widely. The 24 hour profitability has gone from $0 to $6 during the same day. It seems to jump randomly based on the pay rate at that time, rather than doing estimates based off of recent average performance. Note the pay rate fluctuates wildly throughout the last week:

Anyhow, just posting some actual data about mining results for the first (almost) week of this rig running. Thinking of trying to switch it over to directly mine Eth or ETC for a week to see if it does any better, or at least about the same.

The fluctuation is normal for Nicehash. I don’t know why they calculate profitability like that in rig manager. That is dumb. Their calculator is also a bit optimistic and probably doesn’t factor in all the DAG loading or the Dev fee. Switching to ETH or ETC will not help from my experience. It is tough to hit whattomine numbers mining those too depending on the pool, your luck finding shares, and the pool’s luck finding blocks. I get the best results on Nanopool. Ethermine seems to be consistently lower.

TBH, I’m impressed that 4 year old, $75 GPUs are making any profit in 2020. The inefficiency of the older GPUs is compounded by only having 4 of them on the rig. You could add some more to get the efficiency up a bit. RX 5700s ROI after 12-14 months if setup right (using current prices). You could start adding those too.

1 Like

I have been waiting to get enough consistent data I have been adding gpu’s having internet issues all kind of things causing my data to fluctuate. I think I will be ready to post later today my earnings on Nicehash and they have been way higher than what to mine says I should be earning

i run my rig from yesterday i shut get in 24h 2.91eur left 1h till will be 24h of runing right now i mine 2.42eur. i run with 4g mobile network rig so i got some shares reject as some time internet speed drop down. only on nh i have his problem on ethmine was runing fine and second problem cant run nh software as mining only 4gpu for second 2 not enough virtul memory 32gb but claymore runing fine all 6 gpu

I don’t use Nicehash OS I use Linux HiveOS and then mine thru Nicehash

calculator working good i mine 2.93eur in 24 with 57rejeted shares. now moving on other pool to testing

I think you’d be lucky to find RX 470’s 8 GB for $75, unless you don’t count shipping, with the prices I’ve been seeing lately. Yes, adding RX 5700’s would be nice, but at $300+ each they’re probably more than I want to spend right now - after having already gotten the rest of this stuff. Granted, one might still be under my original $1,000 target, but might still push wife agro into a dangerous range :wink:

1 Like

So, 2nd full (mostly full, there was some downtime when I tried to apply different drivers) week of running 4X RX 470’s on NiceHash and it made about $2.17 a day on average (without electric cost or transfer fees). After paying electric and fees, it’s about $0.65 a day. Still mucking about with the electric. We had a brown out during the week, and it somehow lost my voltage settings - so it was running at much higher electric for a few days. So, still pretty on par for a ~150 week ROI on parts.

That being said, I did finally get in the SSD I had ordered for it, but have yet to switch out the old mechanical drive currently in the rig. The extra cable for the SSD -should- finally get here tomorrow :smiley: I know it’s not particularly hard disk intensive work, but curious to see if there’s any improvement after I switch it out. I do still want to try putting it on a pool mining Eth directly for a week to see how it does, but was waiting to do the hard drive switch (plus, I’ve been pretty busy otherwise).

Debating trying to find some extra cables power and another GPU to reduce the ROI time :slight_smile: If the video cards were only paying for themselves, they would be in the black a lot sooner. Plus, the PSU can easily handle another card (with more cables)… and I already have risers for it.

Anyhow, just posting an update for the week on my little mining rig and calling it a night!

1 Like

I just spent a few days off of Nicehash and I regret it lol, that rig seems to be a pretty reliable little workhorse for you bro im happy to hear it!