Is Bitcoin considered more of a safe asset with US and EU banks failing? Be

Multiple commentators I follow that aren’t biased now seem to think people are treating Bitcoin as a more safe asset to get out of the banking system with multiple banks failing across the US and EU. Today Bitcoin is down a tad and other crypto currencies have been hit harder, but the daily transactions from what I’ve read are not up. If people were really trying to move funds from the banks to Bitcoin, the transactions would be up significantly higher? I hope people can preserve their wealth and I’m just trying to understand the situation. If anyone has an opinion I’d like to hear it if you have heard or can confirm people are treating Bitcoin as more of a safe asset. Thanks

1 Like

My YT watching of various people seems to indicate that there was a jump from USDC to BTC when the depeg happened - but also some are also pulling USD to BTC as the BTC infrastructure isn’t going to crash from fractional reserves and all the problems it brings up.
So I get the same feeling you do. I have no proof though.

2 Likes

Hows your solar system going mate? My solar guy has jumped ship so I just had another guy out to discuss and plan a quote with

1 Like

It’s OK. I get a free hour of power any time I like, so I have that 6-7am. I use that to fill the 12.8KW battery, so the load then runs off the battery for a while.
The panels kick in slowly from about 7am.
I do another force charge on the battery 4-5PM as my grid rate shoots up to 38c (NZD) 5-9pm.

I’ve got 4 ST-Boxes, 4 V1 Minis (classic, Plus, SE), and 2 G1 minis that mine all the time.
Otherwise I"m still pretty much only mining 9KW over night when the power is cheap. I have the iSolarCloud app linked to HomeAssistant to monitor the day time generation. If the battery is full and the feed to grid is over 4KW, the S19 turns on. If it goes back up again a selection of Goldshells turn on.
I’ve been amazed how it can be doing 10KW off the panels happily then a cloud comes by and it’s gone to 2KW. Far more volatile than I expected.
I’m still working the WAF isues so have to pump something back to the grid as she can see that on the bill. Having an S19 running on solar on a sunny day she doesn’t see and I think she might be getting tired of the power bills and wants to see some payback on the $40K I spent on the solar.
If I was doing it again - I would have got more batteries. We have a supplier here that does 3 hours free power. I can fill my battery in just over 1 hour, so 3 hours doesn’t work so well for me. If I could fill 30KW of battery capacity while also running a 9 KW load mining during the 3 hours, then I would get 6 hours free before the sun even comes up.
I’m going to stay with my current provider for some months so I have some data before looking at the alternate suppliers. I have about 10 to choose from here.

2 Likes