Is “Futurebit” a reputable site to purchase mining equipment from?

I am new to bitcoin and mining and I have a lot of questions. I believe decentralized currency is the path to our future and I would like to assist in its growth as much as I can. So here we go.

Is “futurebit” a reputable site to purchase mining equipment?

As long as it’s the official site then yes…but depending on your goals it’s not a profitable miner.

2 Likes

Are you saying any miner from “futurebit” isn’t going to be preoritable?

@Kenwardoh

Most likely, but it really depends on your electric rate. For it to be profitable by 1 cent a day, you would need a 4 cent and that’s on low power mode.

1 Like

@Kenwardoh

Also if you tell me your electric rate, I can help you find a crypto miner with a low power consumption, and a small profit.

1 Like

long term it wont make you money. that being said if you believe in crypto future, running a node is an awesome way to support the cause. at worst you will make pennies a day if the market goes back. but either way its a relatively cheap and helpful way to support bitcoin.

2 Likes

here are some of the best asics you can get profitwise as it stands today with some of the best ROI’s. NFA

2 Likes

@Kenwardoh @badgerlandcrypto @y2kanonomous

For 499.99

For 299.99

For 299.99

(Also for belay mining their are coupons for 25 dollars off)

2 Likes

some quick resources. but please double check everything. there are always scammers in the space.
bt miners easy website trustworthy, a bit pricey. best thing about their website is the earnings section :wink: Miners Profitability – BT-Miners

asicminervalue great for basic asic info and earnings, but a lot of their approved resselers are shitty companies, and some are scammers. https://www.asicminervalue.com/

whattimine great info on gpus, but their numbers tend to be off a bit. whattomine.com

vosk has a lot of cool info, but at this point i think there are better newb channels. check out this guys videos for a bit of fun and easy information. https://www.youtube.com/@WhiteboardCrypto

2 Likes

My electric rate is .13 kw/h.
I am using online calculators and with a electricity cost this high it seems to be not that profitable. Im looking into figuring out ways to reduce that cost

1 Like

Wow. Thanks. This is a lot of useful resources.

2 Likes

@Kenwardoh

Do you know if you have low and peak electric rate hours?

Also, with the ipollo v1 mini, you can dual mine ethf and zil, you would mine 1.26 a day while only using only .75 cents for electric.

1 Like