Is it normal for this?

I have 2 FTW Nvidia 1080ti’s. I just noticed that the total MH/s varies at any time between 40-60MH/s. Is it normal during mining for rates to fluctuate let alone like this? Also idk if it is because they are FTW but when I went to Whattomine it says 2 1080tis should output 82MH/s. Are the numbers I’m currently getting normal or am I doing something wrong? I’m not sure if there’s a way to have it be more consistent and stable so I would really appreciate anyone’s input. Using Claymore Dual for ETH mining

Try Phoenixminer to see what your hashrate is, and also if you have them in sli, that will reduce your MH/s. Also, if I remember correctly, is the hashrate difference in “current” or “reported” hashrate? I have a 3060ti running stable at about 60.5, but the pool will sometimes tell me it’s currently running 40ish mh/s, and sometimes as high as like 80.

On a mining pool it is normal to see your “reported” hashrate vary because the network difficulty always changes from moment to moment. On your rig, the mining h/s should be fairly consistent as reported by your mining software.

On the pool, stats for your address will often see a more accurate reflection if they have a 24-hr average for your rig. If that statistic is way off from what your miner says then it’s time to look at your internet connection, ping the pool to see if you have like 500ms per share connection times, etc.

Current. Yeah I think as far as I’ve noticed it is stable on the miner because I have gotten crazy things like 40 then 72 as well.

Yeah they are more stable on the software. The pool after 24 hours also seems to reflect that like you mentioned. Would I even benefit from mining solo or stick with pool.

I’d stick with a pool because I think if you mine solo, you only get paid for a block reward. And that could take months to get one if you even do. I’ve been on the same pool for almost three months no not seen a block reward.

If your personal H/s is a drop-in-the-bucket of the larger network hashrate, stick with pool. You will get smaller payouts that are based on your rig’s % of the pool’s shared hash power. Otherwise like the previous reply said, it could be months before actually mining a block yourself and getting the “larger” full block reward. That’s really the main reason for pools vs solo mining.

Solo mining is (imo) for more powerful rigs/farms that have a chance of finding blocks on their own, which can be shown as Luck or Time-To-Find (TTF). Sometimes shown in .xx Days or .xx hours. If that’s a reasonable enough number then solo mining makes sense. Otherwise stick with pool.

1 Like

Looks normal to me and besides a changing difficulty, your rate of finding shares can cost you poolside hashrate.
The pool is counting your reward based on submitted shares. That’s great if you have many GPU’s and a steady stream of shares being reported. When you have only two video cards, it could be several minutes at times before you report a share and at other times you may find several shares in one minute.
How does this affect you? Yours earnings should the pool find a block increase whenever you submit a valid share. This amount decays with time such that every two minutes your reward is decreased. If several minutes go by without submitting a share, your reward can drop to zero. As you find shares your reward increases. This up and down rate of submitting shares influences your poolside calculated hashrate.

It would be nice if you could constantly submit shares at a steady rate, but that’s not how it happens.