Is it worth it to buy a Helium miner if there's not another miner nearby?

Would it be worth it to buy a Helium HNT miner if there’s no other miners around me? I looked at the map and the closest one is about 22 km away. I believe Vosk when he made a video about it said you need to have other miners around to have any chance at making anything. Does this still hold true, or has there been some changes since then?

1 Like

Someone has to be first. But worth it, probably not until others join.

Yeah someone has to be first, I do believe that if I get a better antenna I will probably have better luck in the beginning, until others start up hotspots.

I’ve ordered 3 and my town doesn’t have any so far so I’m expecting them to arrive here late Dec. I already bought a 12’ pole and quality 6db aerial and work on the theory I will be the first in my area. I am going with the theory that my aerial being installed outside up high will give me the benefit over others, as and when they arrive in my area.

Its a bit of a long shot, but I work on the principle l am giving myself the best chance possible chance over others who might just instal theirs in the house.

I might encourage friends locally to take on the remaining 2 I ordered, or sell them on eBay to cover the cost of mine and the additional outside aerial kit.

For me, it’s all part of the fun!

4 Likes

@max_gain I wish you the best of luck. I have to agree, it’s nice doing nothing and making money from it, but like you said the adventure along the way is what many people including myself, enjoy about it.

3 Likes

I have purchased 10 and will spread them around for my family homes.

2 Likes

Just get 2-3 instead of one and it will be worth it. In my opinion, people will be searching for areas like yours where it’s not over-saturated; Be the first to set up shop. Good luck!

NO not worth it. i have miners all around me and i wittness non of them its fken pathetic because the ones around me must have them setup in shit locations in their homes and not outside. I cant setup my miner outside atm but no matter what i get zero witnesses and my daily rewards are 0.01-0.03 but havent made over .5 hnt in over a month its rather trash being solo. if you can get a second miner near by u will make atleast .1 or more hnt daily. long term who know what ull make but prob nothing since hnt rewards will stop in a year

you could buy 2 and put them at different locations in your house.

No you can’t, your reward scale would be about .10 at that point you make them worthless.

1 Like