Is there any exchanges that someone under 18 can exchange on, central or decentral?

I recently was wanting to look for some kind of crypto to crypto exchange I can actually legally use. I’m under 18 and would either be in violation of Terms of Service of every exchange I’ve seen, or would fail KYC requirements in the US. Yes I do understand why KYC is done, so that way the exchange doesn’t get in trouble for me accidentally evading taxes, and to report what I’m doing. I have already looked at Uniswap (because I’ve heard Vosk talk it up) but I’m not looking exchange ERC20 tokens (yet). My goal is to exchange VerusCoin(VRSC) to other cryptos, like BTC, ETH, and LTC. However from my own research VRSC exchanges are already few and far between, plus to add on being able to exchange under 18 and with no KYC.

Yes I know about crypto trading groups, but I’ve heard bad things about people getting scammed by trading like that. Yes I do know about middle man trading but I would really prefer a trusted centralized or decentralized exchange over a trading group, even if that group did middle man trading.

I’m not sure if what I’m looking for even exists, but I thought I’d ask, and see if someone has their two cents to spare.

Trenton

I’m not giving advice, this is purely from speculation and answering a few questions.

I recently was wanting to look for some kind of crypto to crypto exchange I can actually legally use. I’m under 18 and would either be in…

DEXs are completely anonymous, as long as you haven’t withdrawn with your address for fiat currency somewhere else, there’s no way of telling you’re under 18 – or really who you even are.

My goal is to exchange VerusCoin(VRSC) to other cryptos, like BTC, ETH, and LTC. However from my own research VRSC exchanges are already few and far between, plus to add on being able to exchange under 18 and with no KYC.

I don’t know anything about VRSC – but if it’s only traded on CEXs that require KYC to trade, you’re out of luck.

Yes I know about crypto trading groups, but I’ve heard bad things about people getting scammed by trading like that. Yes I do know about middle man trading but I would really prefer a trusted centralized or decentralized exchange over a trading group, even if that group did middle man trading.

Don’t use trading groups. You’ll just get scammed.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I kinda figured that I would need some kind of DEX to do it, but was willing to explore other options if they where available. Thanks for the help.