Kd box - see ip address/cant access interface

So I have two KD Box, using a power plug ethernet device to get it connected. I can see the IP address on find my goldshell but when I type it into the browser it just doesnt load. Using the Find my gold sheel app I click the settings button to open the interface and it also doesnt load. I have the Softwhere off the website also but when I press the IP button software does nothing. I have also tried unpluggin the Ethernet chord and looking for it on my WIFI as i saw another post about this but I do not see any gold sheel labeled address in my wifi when doing this either. Pretty desperate for help here. Have tried multiple things and just cant get into my KD Box miners. Help me out por favor.

I am having a similar issue with a goldshell x5

1 Like

Yeah if anyone has any answers, I just hooked up my CK5, which I got directly from DXPool. I can see the ip address in my network from accessing my router, but when I copy paste it into my web browser it fails to load and I am not able to access the interface. I have tried restarting it, and different network cables, and about everything else under the sun. Leaning towards a defective ASIC miner. will reach out to goldshell asap.

1 Like

Im on to something. Will post soon.

Hi, I believe I read somewhere that they come factory set for wifi and you have to shut that off first, and then you can plug an Ethernet cable into them. Don’t have any first hand experience, but maybe that’s helpful~

1 Like

Not sure what happened to my CK5, I reset it a few times, and one time it worked. Also yes, the new box miners are a pain with the factory set wifii. Steps are as follows.

1. power on your box miner
  2. connect to your box miner wifii with your phone or computer
  3. find the wifii ip address, or select manage router when you connect to your box miners wifii
  4. enter the wifii ip address into your browser that is connected to the same wifii network.
  5. enter the goldshell control page and select systems tab.
  6. have your box miner connect to your local wifii network. once you enter your wifii password and select connect, the current goldshell tab will be disabled as the box miner will turn off it’s wifii.
  7. Now open Find my goldshell miner and find the ip address for it.
  8. Enter the ip address into web browser, from there you are finally able to deselect the wifii setting. and should be able to connect ethernet cabe to it, or stay on wifii.
2 Likes

blee this is spot on. I am working through this now. Specifically how do you turn off the wifi setting inside the interface? I am in the interface of 1 box now and see the WLAN tab option with all the wifi listed below. But not sure how to turn the wifi setting off exactly.
Thanks Much!

I think turning off the WLAN was the wifi and I have one box mining on ethernet now!
Do you happen to know how to get one to mine in WIFI mode? I have the second one up and going but its not connected to my dxpool account or showing any hash . Is there a specific step to initiating WIFI mode to get it going after accessing the interface and connecting to my local wifi?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the help. Here are my notes to add on top of blee3’s awesome instruction.

Note 1: Below is the fix. You have to essentially use your phone or computer to search for a wifi and you will see gold shell address. If you do not see the gold shell address, what I did was factory reset the box until it did finally show up. Took two factory resets on one and only a single one on the other.

Note 2: You wont be able to access it from an iphone because of the mac IOS . Youll be able to see it and connect to it but wont get in.

Note 3:https://find.goldshell.com/ was useful and works after you complete steps below.

[quote=“blee3, post:6, topic:28925, full:true”]
Not sure what happened to my CK5, I reset it a few times, and one time it worked. Also yes, the new box miners are a pain with the factory set wifii. Steps are as follows.

1. power on your box miner
  2. connect to your box miner wifii with your phone or computer
  3. find the wifii ip address, or select manage router when you connect to your box miners wifii
  4. enter the wifii ip address into your browser that is connected to the same wifii network.
  5. enter the goldshell control page and select systems tab.
  6. have your box miner connect to your local wifii network. once you enter your wifii password and select connect, the current goldshell tab will be disabled as the box miner will turn off it’s wifii.
  7. Now open Find my goldshell miner and find the ip address for it.
  8. Enter the ip address into web browser, from there you are finally able to deselect the wifii setting. and should be able to connect ethernet cable to it, or stay on wifii.
    Add on:
  9. to deselect simply toggle off WLAN button. After this you will be able to connect your miner to a pool. ( i was not able to connect to a pool until i turned the wifi off and went ethernet.)
2 Likes

I have the same setup with S19s. I can see the IP address on those.

1 Like