KD6-KA3-Whats next?

Hey guys, it’s been a second since I posted last. Never took the dive into mining yet. More attempting to get a better understanding of it before I dip my toes in the water. So, I really am itching to get a couple of KA3’s. However, I went back and rewatched some of Drew’s videos pertaining to the KD6. At the time a particular video was made on May 12 2022, KDA coin was about at 1.60, and in the video vosc and the asicminervalue.com site was estimating 70 dollars a day generated from the miner. Now that the KA3 miner is out, obviously a much faster miner is making an estimated 70 dollars a day at the faster hash rate, and a lower coin price of 1.25. This is where my concern comes in. Now the KD6 is only producing 5 dollars a day.
Did the new KA3 miner eat up a huge chunk of the profits with only a 20 percent reduction in the difference of the price? You guys see where this is going right? No one want’s to take the plunge only to get their earnings ate up by the next best thing. Is it just a gamble when you buy the miner and we’re just at the mercy of these overseas microchip factories constantly upgrading the miners making the older miners obsolete. It seems the risk is too great to go out and buy a miner for thousands of dollars just to get its earnings destroyed by the next bigger and faster miners. Doesn’t it seem like they are kicking these new miners out every few months? Anyone have any insight into this?

You are absolutley correct. Goldshell had all the best KDA miners and then Bitmain came along and made them next to worthless years before anyone managed to ROI them. Well - when they start shipping. My KD Pro still seems to do OK. Same thing happend to LTC/DOGE I believe.
I bought an S19 82Th in August that has barely made anything yet. Today I bought another S19 96Th for about $500 USD less. I feel pretty good about that as I didn’t pay 10K for it like some people have done. The one that’s here is only running 8 hours a day when my power is 8 cents (USD). All I’m really doing is Dollar Cost Averaging a BTC investment by buying it power. The povit is coming. Check out Alt Coin Daily on YT for that. The boxes I have will be proftable when the coin goes back up. Then the halving will mess it up. Then it will get better again. There has been enough history for patterns to become apparent.
I bought the second one today because I think the price hike is imminent, and so the cost of miners will be out of reach for me again. Buy the hardware now when it’s cheap.
Things like BTC and KDA and LTC are a fast paced hash rate battle and you just have to jump on board at some point.
Or, get miners on coins that aren’t being fought over so much like GRIN, LBRY, CKB. They can be a little more work to deal with wallets and exchanges, but those are the boxes I have that a still making money now. ROI is still terrible at todays numbers. I’m hanging out for tomorrows numbers…

No, vosk scammed people again because the price crash 90 percent and more hashrate came on the network. When the KD3 gets launched it December only 1000 units are needed to double the hashrate.

I don’t think he scammed anyone. Vosc seems like a good dude. I don’t think he is able to predict or know when these new units are coming out, or predict the future prices. I was really just asking what are the chances a new miner comes out that makes the ka3 obselete?? But you brought up a good point. When there are more KA3’s out there is the 70 dollars of profit going to drop because of the other competing ka3’s?

Thank you. Good info. So now I am really curious. How has the amount you are raking in with your KD Pro decreased when the miners technically aren’t getting released until December? Is it because they are already using them overseas? Also, awesome I am in it for the long game too. I am trying to create a personal algorithm to abide by. I just haven’t figured out what is best. Do I keep 90 percent of coin and cover cost with 10 percent and pocket whatever is left over from the 10 percent? 75/25? You have a good rule of thumb to go by? Also, the povit? What is that? Ill try to find the article you are referring too. Thank you. I think Ill make the leap and keep my fingers crossed.

The article about things turning around is here:

1 Like