KDA Pools - Which One?

I just started mining with a KD-BOX and I have a dexpool account I tried to connect my wallet but I don’t no if I am doing something wrong also I would like to move to PoolFlare I need help I am willing to pay someone if we can do a live video session showing me how to connect everything thanks for the time and help

1 Like

@locksdean this is what i entered in each section of the add pool page of the goldshell dashboard.

POOL URL

kda-us.ss.poolflare.net:443

USERNAME

k:wallet_key+PPLNS.kd1stbox

PASSWORD

+PPLNS is the type of payment i wanted
.kd1stbox is my miner name

My PPLNS payouts have been:

0.76647 (12hr)
0.77206 (12hr)
0.51821 (8hr)

2 Likes

My poolflare payouts look very similar in the same time frame. I switched back to dxpool, it takes a day or so before it settles in. So I will see tomorrow. I had been getting 1.6 before .netcrash.

1 Like

double check you used a “.” instead of a space. Or mistyped your username.

1 Like

What chain does dxpool payout on?

Does dxpool payout to the k: wallet key?

1 Like

By default DX pool will put your profit into integrated DX pool wallet. You can withdraw to address of your choice and it will be paid on Chain 0. I am not sure if they support k:address I was withdrawing some time ago and it was non k: address at that time.

2 Likes

I’ve withdrawn from dxpool using a k: address yesterday.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info guys :mechanical_arm:

3 Likes

When I first set up Poolflare I didn’t use the k: address and it went to my regular Zelcore address. I had to move it to k: in Zelcore myself. After the first payout I then fixed my Poolflare to use the k: Zelcore address.
I’d suggest just using the k: address from day 1 if you can.

2 Likes

FYI, Got a message from dxpool. Looks like dxpool is back up and running strong again. They recommend using the .com url vs the .net url for better performance.

message from dxpool,
www.dxpool.com has been successfully migrated, which means that www.dxpool.com or www.dxpool.net are both can be used normally. KDA Stratum URL: kda.ss.dxpool.com:6611 is more recommended! Thank you for the support to DxPool as always! kda.ss.dxpool.com:6611

1 Like

Do you have a KD BOX? If so, how many KDA are you mining per day on DX? I’m on POOLFLARE mining about 1.5 KDA every 24hrs.

1 Like

With a KD Box every 24 hrs,

DxPool gets about 1.32 KDA

PoolFlare will get best results,

BUT, according to Kadena (KDA) Blake2S | Mining Pools (miningpoolstats.stream), Poolflare has 72% of the Hashing power of KDA. Which means KDA is way too centralized to be secure from a 51% attacks.

If PoolFlare is attacked, your KDA could disappear. Regardless on where you keep it.

What is a 51% Attack Definition (investopedia.com)

It can and has happened. A 51% attack on KDA could put a major hurt on KDA’a progress.

Choose to mine other than PoolFlare until the hashing is spread out amongst available pools. Its worth getting a little less KDA to deep KDA decentralized and secure from such attacks.

Spread the word. I believe a lot of new miners are starting out with KDA miners, and do not know how important it is to keep the pools under 51% of the hashing power.

1 Like

Even if you send your KDA from poolflare to zelcore?

1 Like

Think about it.

Proof of work cryptocurrency work because the network verifies each transaction as true.

There are a lot of computers making up this network. (Computer to simplify explanation)

If one computer among the many, decides to change a transaction, because someone hacks into it, the rest of the network will dis- agree and it won’t go through. The network is secure because of the majority is un-compromised.

But what if the majority of the computers in the network decide to change transactions because someone hacked all of them? The few good computers would not be able to dis- approve the majority bad ones. But in fact, the bad ones would be able to over rule the few good ones because they have majority.

If you control the majority of the network, you can change transaction. If they decide to change the transaction saying the KDA in your Zelcore wallet is no longer valid, than guess what, your KDA is no longer valid. You loose it. Because your KDA in your Zelcore wallet is no longer validated by the majority of the KDA network. Because the majority of the network now says your transaction is not valid.

Right now, It is possible to get control of the majority of the KDA network because Poolflare has most of the hashing power of the network. When you mine in poolflare, you are simply lending your hashing power to Poolflare. If Poolflare is hacked, it is then possible the hackers will have control of 72% of the KDA network. The hackers could then change transaction and the remaining 28% good KDA network would not be able to devaluate those changes. Because they would be in the minority.

Proof of work Cryptocurrencies work only because no one person or organization has majority of control (51% or greater). But the network is spread throughout the world.

Right now Poolflare has 72% of KDA network. That’s a lot of responsibility put on Poolflare to keep their system secure.

I would rather see the hashing power of KDA evenly spread throughout all the pools available. 33% Poolflare, 33% Dxpool, 33% Hashpool. And eventually many more pools would become operational to further spread the KDA network.

If it was evenly split now, then someone would have to hack at least two of the pools at the same time to be successful. A much harder thing to do. The more spread out the mining is amongst pools, the more secure your KDA in your Zelcore wallet is.

1 Like

And how would mining KDA from Poolflare to zelcore then sending it elsewhere be affected?

1 Like

The network validates transaction. KDA you earned and moved to your wallet. Was all validated by the network.

If the network is good, these transaction will hold.

If the network is compromised, the network can de-validate your transaction and say they never happened.

This explanation is simplified, but if a 51% attack happens to the KDA network, it could change a lot of transaction for the worse. And it could effect both yours and my KDA, regardless on where it is stored.

Perhaps cold storage would protect it until the network was secured. But other than cold storage and liquidating your KDA to other means, a 51% attack can affect your KDA.

2 Likes

@Aquagucci

I have 1 kd-box that is also minging through poolflare.
I don’t bounce it from pool to pool… Don’t have that luxury yet
Kinda like having the option of picking my reward type (PPLNS/SOLO/PPS) Poolflare has that…
The others do not. They choose for you or only have one type.
There’s CONSISTENT data supplied by everyone here about the payouts.

Above i was asking for dxpool because i was adding it in the goldshell dashboard…
A precaution.
If poolflare has a server crash (i’m not speaking 51% attacks) or some other normal tech issue.
If they crash for a day and I’m not around that machine will try mining on the next pool on the list.
It’s the same as pool flare giving you the chainweb default 443 port with 3333 & 6666 as “in case it doesn’t work” ports.

I know you were asking about dxpool but I’m on poolflare…Using PPLNS as my reward type.
If you didn’t specify when setting up your account you’re by default PPS.

@T7LY and i think @SpragClutch

I have been looking more into running my own node to mine through. I believe both of you had shown interest in this in other threads.

If either of you decide to move forward you can skip all the command line processes by using a docker image.
Since I’m cheap i opted for the terminal command line route.

Process is straight forward … I utilized the process for a Ubuntu 20.04 install
With only a terminal emulator on my phone & remote connection to the ubuntu system (cloud system)
i only physically have access to a phone

Where i got stuck is the last step of installing the mining client after downloading.

This is due to my being limited to using only a phone to remotely install through a terminal for the first time ever…
That’s what i left off… Chainweb installed mining client not completely

3 Likes

@Kenji126 Yes you are right I am looking for that option as well and actually started to install things but I got stuck with port forwarding option which I need to ask my internet provider to enable on my router (such a stupid blocking point :slight_smile: ) I have actually one Macmini lying around and I would like to run KDA node on it and also connect miners to my node to see how it goes. Since I have a luxury :slight_smile: to mine on KD Box and KD2 I can play with KD BOX and test things around even profits might be less than having both machines on poolflare.
I have KD Box on Hashpool for last 4-5 days and it is not very stellar performance I am getting around 1 KDA / day and today seems to be even worse since over last 15 hrs my balance is only 0.15 KDA so if it goes like that I will not reach 1 KDA today. I have noticed that Hashrate on Hashpool went up to 40 TH/s range so I am assuming that reward is distributed to more devices but maybe not many more blocs were found. This could probably improve if number of mined block will catch up with Hashpower provided even it is faaaaaar away from other pools operating in PH not TH. Feel free to correct me if my thinking goes wrong direction.

1 Like

Mac is the one i don’t have the ability to test install…
Linode doesn’t have a mac option :thinking: unless i missed it.

I did all my installation testing through linode.com since they have $100 sign up credit…:sweat_smile: Once I know it works properly i can close my account before using up the credit.
It’s safer than attempting a new process on a family members computer :rofl:
Figured I’d test first and know what I’m doing BEFORE asking permission to remote access & install on a physical computer.

Did you have to do anything special for the mac install?

I might go look for another service like linode that has an option too setup a Mac…
I just don’t have the minimum system requirements on my phone… Otherwise id just put a virtual Machine on here

1 Like

Anyone have success with hashpool?

1 Like