Lokotech pre orders open

Yesterday many of us got the email about them opening their pre orders, it’s official that it’s 145 watts/2gh scrypt and $1999 per blade and it appears MOQ 1. Shipping they said would be H2 2024 so technically that could be December 31st 2024. Still don’t know what I think of it. I’ll let everyone else get on it first. Reading through what they’ve written to me it is unclear if they have even produced one of these units and have just been testing parts and theory

No doubt Bitmain will be salty and release an asic calling it the Hash blade 50 or something

2 Likes

When I got the email before that one I went back to see what people thought they would cost and $1000 was what seems to be a common guess. At $2000, I’m out. I just did my numbers at my rate an it’s 854 days ROI.
Having been burned on CK-box and KD-Box by Bitmain killing them, I would expect an L9 any day now. They would have to do something quite amazing to get that effiency jump, but if it’s possible, they will probably do it and bury this as well. Seems Jasminer are the only ones able to stay ahead.
Although Goldshell hinted at new miners soon so I wonder if they can be relevant again.

4 Likes

I also just don’t get how they are getting that efficiency with 12 nm technology.

2 Likes

WAY too far out, way too pricey.

3 Likes

If they could get this down to like $250 might be an option lol

3 Likes