Looking at getting into mining-need some help

im looking at getting into mining but am on a budget as i am younger and have other things i need to spend money on. this is where i come down to my options

1. used asic minor off fb marketplace where i can then get the use out of it while not paying full price and will be able to use until i can expand
  2. purchase a new mini asic miner such as the Goldshell KD BOX PRO and use that until expansion allows
  3. build a GPU mining system but start off with only a couple gpus and expand by adding more gpus as time goes on

I bought a used KD Box. I got a video of it hashing before shipping. When it got to me it rattled like it shouldn’t and after a day stopped hashing completely. I sent it to Goldshell for an out of warranty repair. They were pretty helpful, but all they can tell me is they have received it. It’s been about 5 weeks. You never know what you’ll get 2nd hand.
If you can afford a KD Box Pro - get that. I think it’s the safest bet right now while we don’t know what ETC mining will be like after the ETH merge. They are great and the 2nd most profitable box I have.

2 Likes