Looking today, oct 26 , to buy a crypto miner, whats the best option? (asic miners)

basically want to buy an asic miner just not sure to go bitcoin or ethereum, i also would perfer one that can be used in a traditional outlet

In terms of ETH or BTC mining, ETH is going to go proof of stake in the near future so likely BTC will be a better option. I’m not too up on ASICs but most that I have looked at need 220 V.

I suggest you go for the Antminer S9 @ 13.5Th/s or the L3+ @ 504Mh/s just to get started, and get solar panels, solar batteries and a converter/inverter as time goes on, in order to earn pure profit without having to worry about the electricity bill. Unless you aim higher, do a bit of research on the miners for Litecoin, Zcash, Dash and Bitcoin.

Ignore the electricity costs. You can go to asicminervalue.com to check on the miners I mentioned above and set your own electric bill cost at the bottom of the page.

you think its worth it to get a litecoin miner? what are the downsides of mining litecoin?

none… except limited to scrypt algorithm … the l3s i just got rid of , if tuned right and taken care of, and u get good ones like i had (650mhs) instead of 508 , its an easy 10$ a day on nicehash. oiwe usage isnt toobad either… temps are not too high… … id recomend it., if your wanting something to start with. and price isnt too bad… around 1000ea.

MINING DIRECT litecoin, i wouldnt unless your trying to find a ltc block reward on solo… nicehash . would prolyl be the easiest to get use to for starters

also the S9 * which ever version ARE CHEAP, yes ca 400 and make around 5 a day and draw around 15xxw at 15.2th/s and hope u vent the air from them because they get hot as F*k and like to burn through them fans like a cookie monster in a cookiepool …let me know if you have any questions, id be more then glad to help . i remember when i started… noone told me anything nor helped… wasnt cool

and both can be used in a regular outlet on 120v or 220v with the apw3-apw7 power supply

2 Likes

thanks, I found this website www.asicminervalue.com and going through it, is it reliable?

or what do you think of cloud mining?

i dont … why pay someone upfront , for u to be in a crontract for XX amount
of time waiting to make ur $ back and maybe a year later make a few buks. then pay for theyr power fees and maintenance etc…

its like giveing someone a loan upfront , and they make daily payments back to you lol… ill pass

Antminer L7 or z15 depending on your space and ability to handle energy (heat)

Definitely

Yep it’s reliable. I admit that I’m still hunting for a cheap but decent asic miner whether for Scrypt and/or SHA256. I’m still trying to sort out my finances to buy at least one of the two, but I can’t start right away without getting equipment to use solar energy, ya know.

Just saw your post from yesterday offering to give us noobs some advice. Appreciate any direction provided. I want to stay away from the antminers primarily due to the noise and import duty. I know graphic cards are expensive and impossible to get. I don’t mind heat output as I live in pa, and with the cost of propane this coming winter, I’m looking at this heat as free heat. I’ll do the reading and watching, just need since direction. Thx

1 Like

import duty… what i buy is the price it is on that list import/export business accounts

and if ur in a COLD area… ie . COLD… urd prolly wouldnt have much noise at all. fans do run on auto… which i dont like do to the voltage changes when they spin up. the cooler they run the less fan power u have to use… ie … QUIETER… only the fans make the noise

So if you wanted to spend 5k, what and where would you be looking at? Thx for the prompt reply

Goldshell just had another restock…

https://goldshell.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=88674645c749a799ea204d057&id=d725ca7b75&e=4e4f22bc4f

Not a bad place to start with your budget…
But they sell out quick, so you have to have your Coinbase ready when restock is announced…