Mine only when sun is up?

Hello sorry for being a newb

Am planing to start mining btc. Most likely on a Antminer, thing is, we have already solar- but live in Denmark with a lot of dark hours and poor sun.

I have question regarding the setup of a solar (primerily solar) powered system.

1. Can the miner in any way be timed to run only in day time?

2. Can the effects of the miner be adjusted during the 24 hours? Meaning fx 100% power at day time and 20% power in the night?

3. What happens if power is just shut off from the breaker? (Will the system start up automatically and proceed where it left? (If this, then my system could be run by fx my home assistant(smart home))

Thinks

If you have your solar connected to Home Assistant, then you you can set things like 'if panel yeild is over 2KW then turn on smart switch".
So you would also need a switch that is big enough to turn on a 3KW load like a 16A Shelly Plus 1PM, or use regular 10A switches. I had a pair of Tuya SmartLife ones that had a rule in SmartLife to always turn the second one on or off if the first one was on or off, then Home Assistant only controlling the first one.
I don’t know that solar yeilds in Denmark are all that great. An S19 in low power mode will be around 2KW. You might get more value out of the power from something like a Jasminer X16-Q or X4. They are making more in $ per W than S19’s right now according to minetheasic.com
You could always connect them to Nicehash or Unminable to get paid in BTC.

1 Like

There’s a dude on the LuxOS Telegram who has underclocked his S19 XP and runs off grid on backup battery, he also has it immersion cooled and this is his screenshot.

His battery and solar setup I looked at his inverter and there’s heaps of API commands and he posted a screenshot of the custom commands he made

I personally have only stuck with the pre-set profiles from LuxOS but it’s clear you can underclock to meet your needs

1 Like

Ok so this got me thinking more. My current inverter I can login online and view the real time solar production in watts as you can see in the screenshot below

This should be easy to automate using autoit, getting the class and having it read the real time production in watts, in the screenshot you can see I am currently producing 1225 watts.

I updated my Luxos on my S19 J pro and they have much lower pre-set classes. Currently I am doing 39.5TH to 900 watts (Read on the wall) which is an efficiency of 22.8watts/th when I have my 8 inch fans dialed down.

Now if you read this Luxminer CLI (Batchtool) – Luxor Documentation you can see LuxOS you can update the miner profiles itself through their software called luxminer-cli which should be easy to automate aswell. For example if you’re generating 4000 watts, run the cli and change to 13.8 volts/650mhz (which is 120th for 3500 watts on my wall) Or, if youre production is only 1000 watts, change to 11.8 volts/200mhz which is the 39.5th I’m running right now. I’ll play around with it all later tonight see what I can come up with

1 Like