Minidoge PCI connector burnt

Wow… I’m bookmarking this site. LOTS of parts… :+1:

1 Like

Yes, Zeus Mining has been supplying accessories for many years, so has a very complete range of accessories. If you don’t find what you want on the website, you can also ask the sales manager if it is in stock.
Please feel free to contact us when you need.

1 Like

Hey there… so I received the plug… Took it to a friend and he tried DEsoldering just one of the pin… The solder wouldn’t even melt. Did you solder your own… or take it to a shop…?

You’ve got to use a solder wick and a very hot soldering iron. I tried the same w/ a cheapo soldering iron I had and it didn’t work. Asked my neighbor who had a more professional setup and he knocked it out in minutes. Those pins are about the same size as the hole in board as well, so you’ll need to use plyers to pull them out once the solder is hot.

GL

2 Likes

Hmm… Well… I’m not sure how hot the tip of his soldering gun got… It was hot enough to where the board got a little brown from the heat… There was a small pair of needle nose pliers just waiting…

Maybe I’ll run to town and see if I can find a good one and do this myself. The longer it’s offline, the longer the ROI… lol… and it’s winter time here at 2200’ and I miss the heat.

Could anyone let me know if this is the correct part to replace my burnt 6 pin socket on my Minidoge?

1 Like

Hi Brucester could you point me to the same 6 pin connecter you bought ? It’s very confusing since they have so many connectors listed i don’t know which one to choose.

Here’s a link to an ebay ad where I picked mine up: 6pcs New 6 Pin White PCIE Connector 4.2mm Female Needle Pin for Antminer GPU | eBay

1 Like

Thanks so much bro!

1 Like

Well… a couple of months ago… the cable (that came with my EVGA GT1000 PSU) was a bit too loose and melted the plug again on my MiniDoge. So I ordered 4 more of these connectors and went back to the pc shop where I got it DE soldered and reattached with a new one. That shop was out of business and closed down… So I went to Lowes and bought the hottest Weller brand soldering gun I could find. Took it home and DE soldered the pins and reattached the new one with no issues… and a new cable… 10 minutes later it was showing results on Flexpool.

I’m a happy camper once again…

4 Likes