Minin doge 2 6 pin cable melting

My 6 pin cable parsley melted and I’m wonder what caused this ? Thanks in advance

1 Like

This is a topic that already covered something like this,

What causes it tho ?

What power supply is it on?

1 Like

To fix it this is a good guide.

But you can’t keep running it like that. It will get worse and worse until your house burns down.

1 Like

The psu and 6 pin cables are the ones that come with it from Goldshell

Can you take a picture of the power supply?

Is it this one,

Or this,

IMG_7172

1 Like

Also these are good cables I would recommend using,

They are pricey. But the are high quality.

The 750watt that comes with it small rectangular your first picture

this can be cause by a few or combination of a few things.

1.) the crimp is not that good, many things can result in a bad crimp such as:
a.) insulation in the crimp area
b.) strands accidentally cut when stripping
c.) strip is too short, not enough wire crimped

2.) the contact has become oxidized, usually from air moisture
3.) ambient temperature is high
4.) the contact is loss in the housing causing it not to mate with the other pin properly
5.) the connector was not mated into the socket all the way

all of these things inevitably raise the contact resistance, which is normally a few micro-ohms. As is increases, more power is dissipated in the contact resulting in more heat, which then raises the resistance more and you essentially get into a thermal runaway kind of situation.

2 Likes

Damn both yours burnt… I have a Mini Doge Pro and thought it was just the PECi was pulling too much power for one connection and yours has two. Goldshell said I was SOL because I was one week out of warranty and said they’d sell me a new power supply. Their power supply burnt up first than a cooler master 850 gold. They offered to look at mine if I paid for return shipping… $100.

I personally believe it’s a design flaw not personal experiences. That’s my $0.02 though.

Doug

1 Like

I do not own a goldshell. My comment is just because I’ve read this comment/issue too many times.
It’s the Goldshell power supply. it is cheap. This problem is rare with a newly purchased non-goldshell PSU’s. People who do not buy goldshell PSU do not seem to have this issue. From reddit, Here (vosk forums), to many other outlets, same issue over and over.

Reddit does a good job of nailing down the exact issues and flaws of the Goldshell PSU.

IMO, buy a new PSU from Amazon, any gold/bronze will work, any is better than Goldshells PSU

1 Like

APW7s work well

1 Like

damn they were supposed to have “fixed” this issue with the goldshell mini doge 2, sorry that happened to your miner… which exact model/edition do you have? approx order date?

I had an ATX PSU burnt it out also

Doug

1 Like