Mining is nearly dead

The only way I want to mine is if I am making more than I am burning in electric anything else makes no sense. If you want to support a coin just buy it.
I want some more manufacturers to get into making miners. Someone from the US would be great!
The problem with mining is that these manufacturers don’t care about their product why do you think they only give you a 6 month guarantee?
If miners had a longer guarantee and lasted longer they would be worth their high price tag!
No sense to it now.

3 Likes

I know what you mean.

They don’t make the same quality any more. As I too have Antminers which have broken down months after setup, or something like a Goldshell miner which will arrive DOA.

I miss the old days when it was about quality. As I still am running miners I got in 2017 (profitably at 7 cent electric) never an issue. Only a fan died on 3 out of the 4 miners, but nothing else. While now you can’t even expect a box miner to arrive in working condition.

1 Like

I still mine and plan to expand for business and taxes. I’m not a huge miner but 50+ miners and still growing

2 Likes

While I respect your experience in the world of cryptocurrency mining, it’s essential to consider that there are varying perspectives on this matter.

Long-Term Vision: Some miners do invest in mining not just for immediate profit but also for the long-term potential of cryptocurrencies. They believe that by supporting the network and accumulating coins, they may benefit in the future when the value of those coins increases.

Supporting Decentralization: Mining plays a crucial role in maintaining the decentralization of blockchain networks. Many miners are passionate about the principles of decentralization, which is not just about profit but about ensuring the security and integrity of the blockchain.

Diverse Objectives: Miners can have various objectives, including supporting the network, earning a profit, and diversifying their crypto holdings. Not all miners are solely motivated by profit; some view it as a multifaceted endeavor.

Market Fluctuations: Cryptocurrency markets are highly volatile, and profitability can vary significantly over time. While it’s true that ROI may have been challenging in the past couple of years, market conditions can change. Some miners take a long-term view and are willing to ride out market fluctuations.

Community and Learning: Mining can also be about being part of the crypto community, learning about blockchain technology, and contributing to its growth. For some, the experience and knowledge gained are valuable in themselves.

Diversification of Income: Some individuals and businesses use mining as a way to diversify their sources of income. While it may not be highly profitable in some periods, it can still contribute to overall financial stability.

In conclusion, while profit is undoubtedly a significant factor for many miners, it’s not the only motivation behind crypto mining. People have diverse reasons for participating in this ecosystem, and these reasons can evolve over time. It’s essential to recognize that there isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach to crypto mining, and each miner may have their unique perspective and goals.

3 Likes

Then why don’t you sell a miner that lasts more than 6 months???
The K7 is the worst miner ever produced why did you sell them?

Wow. Nice ChatGPT response :joy::rofl:

At least ChatGPT knows what’s correct.

1 Like

Your comments have been nothing but opinion. Correct? Lmao, how sad :joy:

How?

Look at the ignorance you show here.

You said that it would ROI 8 months after the purchase, while at 10 cent electric you lose 2 dollars a day.

So at least my opinion backed by fact is reasonable, while you are here spreading bull shit lies.

And even at my residents electric rate, I have gotten this that I have ROI in less a year from after the merge.

There are profits every where, I have made over 6 dollars per day per cpu, gpus have been good.

So the profit only comes when you’re determined, and find ways to make it profitable. Your not going to find anything that you are just going to plug in and ROI in a year.

1 Like

You also never responded to my question about something you said.

So when did you get started in crypto?

And since when have you worked on any development projects?

AND YOU SAY WHAT I SAY HAS BEEN MY OPINION WHILE EVERYTHING YOU SAID HAS BEEN A BIASED OPINION. AND NOTHING YOU HAVE SAID CAN BE BACKED UP WITH FACTS. SO IT’S YOUR OPINION. SO STOP TALKING SHIT, UNTIL YOU CAN PROVE YOUR LIES.

1 Like

Looks like someone is triggered and has a lot of time on their hands :joy::rofl:

Move on, buddy

1 Like

@Krisz i wouldn’t stress too much, you have a heart of gold spending time answering both simple and complex questions to everyone here. Much love mate :heartpulse:

3 Likes

@RetroParc as I said above a lot of us focus on trying to generate cheap electricity or under clocking or focusing on off peak rates, on your profile it says you’re an electrician, is there nothing you can do to run an operation cheaper?

1 Like

Mining in general isn’t close to being dead and I don’t think home mining is either, but it is evolving. Just my opinion. Home mining will primarily be targeted at altcoins but I think the biggest shift will be towards heat recapture methods. Over the next 24 months I can see this hitting just about every aspect of the home - furnace, water heater, year round pool for those of us up north, etc. You’ll be able to mine a little crypto while recycling the heat in a much more user friendly way. Will you get rich? Probably not. Will you net a profit all things considered? I can see it. But if crypto is here to stay then I don’t see mining going anywhere either.

4 Likes

@RetroParc has been banned, excessive trolling, the VoskCoin moderator team wishes him the best in his fruitful ROI endeavors.

5 Likes