Mining with two programs at the same time?

Should I mine with two programs at the same time. I’m very new to this (less than a month). I finally built a computer with one GPU (powercolor red devil amd radeon rx 6900 xt). I’m wondering if I should mine with two different programs at the same time. I’m currently using minerstat, but have downloaded NiceHash and Kryptex. I’m also trying to break even in what I’ve spent within a year before I buy another GPU. Do you think this is possible?

No. You will get less combined hash rate than using one. From my trial.

2 Likes

No. Any good mining program will assess your hardware as it is opening/starting and use it to the max. (kind of, in most cases) . A third party miner , such as nicehash or any service, will do exactly this - assess your computer and mine as much as your hardware and programming will allow (depending on how you set it up).
Assuming you paid $1,600 for the GPU. I would not count on a timely ROI.

What are you mining? or do you even know when using a service? Have you tried mining yourself, meaning without a 3rd party service?
What I’m going to bring up is not the most popular and might even be considered old or outdated, so take it as a learner, not exactly advice. XM_Rig or XMR-Stak . Those are simple mining programs for the cryptonight algorithms. When ever I teach GPU to people we start with XMR-Stak , Mining pools and wallet idea’s/tactics. Then we move into profitability. Not until a miner understand all the variables can ‘profitability’ even be truly considered.
After that is all achieved, we move into XM_Rig (miner) and XM_Proxy (personal proxy service to combine your miners into 1 big miner) . And why? Because eventually most miners move up to ASIC and by that point you should be writing your own XM_Proxy type software to run an army of miners (or at least be semi-pro at editing/manipulating software you want to use)(or be running your own mining Node).

I realize most of that does not apply to your question, I’m just trying to paint a picture. Mining is a big topic.

1 Like

I don’t know or heard of what you’re even talking about. :slight_smile: Seems I have some research to do. Thanks for the tips.
Currently Minerstat is mining Ethereum and pays out in Bitcoin

1 Like