My Bitmain Antminer K7 Miners SUCK

These Bitmain Antminer K7 Nervos Network CKB ASIC miners were an exciting release, or at least I was excited for them as I have been mining CKBytes since their incentivized testnet several years ago…
Imgur
I have 3 of them, 1 of the batch 1 K7 63.5 th/s miners and 2 of the batch 2 or 3? 58 th/s k7 miners. I have 1 from Crypto Miner Bros, 1 from Coin Mining Central, and 1 from Bitmain, ironically the miner directly from shop.bitmain is only producing 1/3 or 2/3 of its mining hashrate… lol and Bitmain won’t fix it.

With my failing Digital Shovel Minipod m300, basically 1 PDU or simply 1/2 of the pod mining farm continuously tripping…or simply put that PDU is failing… I have had irregular mining with my Antminer K7s, I have since moved them to the good PDU in the pod, and all of my miners stay online on that PDU other than the K7 miners… all 3 of them keep going offline within 24 hours, normally after about 12 hours of mining. I have also had this same problem with my Bitmain Antminer D9, but it is much less common.

I have been using the original firmware, from December 2022, reading the miner log it basically says it fails to connect, or really, reconnect to the mining pools. So now I’ll try loading the May 29 Antminer K7 firmware. I uploaded this exact firmware file to my mega.nz, you can download it here, just to save a backup for anyone that wants this specific version of the Bitmain Antminer K7 firmware, as Bitmain replaces any older firmware file downloads with newer versions.

I have had nothing but problems with one of my Bitmain Antminer K7 58 th/s miners, normally only 2 of 3 hashboards work, and now after upgrading to this May 2023 firmware, only one hashboard is working lol…

Looking at the Bitmain Antminer history logs, keep dealing with the same mining pool error, across three different nervos network ckb mining pools, specifically Nicehash, f2pool, and dxpool.

Remember, there’s really not that much money in new coins, mined per day, or basically 24 hour emission of CKB coins, as its a relatively low market cap coin, on average there’s about ~$32k to mine daily on the Nervos Network.

Personally I am rooting for Nervos Network CKB, it’s a proof of work PoW mineable cryptocurrency after all, but at this point I will probably just wait for a new model of CKB ASIC miners to come out, sadly Bitmain is the powerhouse ASIC manufacturer, so I guess I’ll grab the Bitmain Antminer K9 one day, but as it stands I struggle to recommend ASIC mining CKB, it’s been a pretty poor experience with the high initial cost of these miners, a slumping CKB price, and then Bitmain making even more miners that are being sold for 1/3 or 1/2 the price of the Antminer K7 miners that came out earlier this year…
Imgur

3 Likes

@VoskCoin what is Bitmain saying? Did you already ship it to a warranty location? I don’t even communicate with Bitmain if there is an issue under warranty. I just open a repair ticket, put in the required info and ship it to one of the US Sites. We’ve had good luck with Great Voyage.

What is the issue with the Digital Shovel container? Are they working with you to fix it? We are planning to purchase an 8 pack for a 2.4MW site in the next two weeks.

@VoskCoin have you taken the K7s apart? A connection could be bad to hashboards. Sometimes disconnecting them and snapping them back in fixes an issue.

1 Like

@VoskCoin man I hate to hear this for you! I have 3 online hosted with @AdamMoyers and just ordered 3 more last night to put online!

@VoskCoin

1 Like

3-58TH on the way

Does hashboard 2 hash when you first start it up and then drop dead after a few minutes?