My first mining rig build

Here are the components I used to build the rig…

ROG Strix B450-F motherboard
Gigabyte GTX-1660 Super 6gb GPU
Thermatake RGB 850W Gold power supply
AMD RYZEN 5 3600 6-Core 3.6 GHz CPU
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz RAM
SK hynix Gold S31 500GB 3D NAND 2.5 inch SATA III Internal SSD

Loaded Windows 10 and I’m currently running Nicehash.

After benchmarking I have been mining DaggerHashimoto at about 27.8MH/s…

any idea if this is good,bad or indifferent???

Obviously I’m new to this but looking for any advice and/or help.

The hash rate of cards is mostly silicon lottery there are 1660 supers that can only handle 27 but most can do 29/30. What overclock/undervolt settings are you using?

let me start off by saying two things…

1. I really don’t know what I am doing I just moved some of the values around to what seemed “good”.

2. I do not pay for the electric bill, so consider my electric to be free.

with that being said my current figures are…
Core Voltage = +40%
Power Limit = 125%
Temp Limit = 80C
Core Clock = +145
Memory Clock = +175
Fan Speed = 80%

Temps have been running pretty steady at 65C. Not sure if that is good or bad.

for a 1660 super 65c is not a good temperature they should be mining Ethereum at 40c-50c. even if power is free you should try to undervolt as much as possible. It will make your card last longer and reduce heat production. In the case of the 1660 super undervolting and reducing core clock will actually increase your hash rate. For Ethereum mining the only setting that matters is memory clock. the core clock and voltage should be as low as it will go without loosing hash rate. For the fan speed I would let the gpu decided what to set it at. It will make the fans last longer.

1 Like

ok, so right now my settings are as follows…

Core Voltage = +0%
Power Limit = 75%
Temp Limit = 65C (this is the lowest I could set it at)
Core Clock = -275
Memory Clock = +1500
Fan Speed = 85% because I couldn’t get temp set to lower than 65C I set this as constant and my temps are running at 52C.

with these settings my hashrate is 34.10 MH/s

Yeah those settings look good. If the 85% fan speed keeps that cards cool then go with it. Now I would just monitor it for stability issues. If you find it not stable lower then memory clock a little and see if it goes away.