New Goldshell KD Box - Not hashing

Update:

Goldshell said the KB Box chips are not starting and the box needs to be sent back to them. I also learned from Goldshell that by using the miner’s IP address and add /debug you can get all sorts of information:

For example: http://10.0.0.115/#/debug

I have contacted the reseller multiple times via email and waiting for a response.

1 Like

Update 2:

The reseller responded and I’ll need to ship back the miner directly to Goldshell, which I will. The reseller said for me to keep all of the receipts and once I get the miner back they will urge their account team to compensate you for all costs.

I will update the ticket with any relevant news.

I recently bought some LB-BOX. One would stop after mining after 90 minutes.

AT THEIR DIRECTION, Goldshell support asked me to swap control boards between the units to see if that was the part that was bad. I didn’t really want to unseal my good unit, but did anyway. This confirmed that the control board in the one was bad. They are going to send me a new control board.

Long story short, you may not HAVE to mail it. You’ll have to see which part is bad and if they’ll just send you replacement parts. But don’t unseal your unit unless they tell you to.

1 Like

avanti, thanks for that debug link. This is awesome. Although at present it’s largely unactionable information. haha

yea Goldshell asked me to use debug mode too and then send them all the tabs of data on an LB box. We eventually got it working. They too asked me to take the boards out and see if anything looked fried. I didn’t see anything but I did make sure the boards were pushed together well (one sits at a right angle to the other). When I put it back together and turned it on it just worked right away so must have been a loose connection.

With my KD Box the chips are bad and they asked me to send it to them. I really would have liked to fix it myself, but I did what they asked. It’s already shipped to them.

These were their exact words:
‘There are some chips cannot start up successfully. I’m afraid this miner needs sending back.’

Thanks for the info.

Did you receive your replacement board yet? I had to order one for my HS BOX and received it today but it is missing a heat sink. Didn’t know if that was normal and they expect it us to move it or if it was just defective.

I did not unfortunately. Really fortunate this happened to me on an LB-BOX and not something that is higher stakes…

Goldshell still has my miner. They fixed it but they said it will take up to 10 days before it leaves their warehouse then another 10 days for shipping. They fixed it within 3 days but it’s taking very long for them to send it back.

Lunar new year starts soon, everything out of there will be delayed

Yep, I understand. The KD-Box has been ready since January 13th, but I look forward to getting it back and start mining… Yea…

1 Like

Hello, I just found out I need to send mine back, how much does it cost and what do you need to do to export something back to china for repair. What service (UPS or FEDEX) did you use?

Thanks for any help.

Dan

Selling 8 boxes

selling Pro’s or normal ?

Pros dan

I used UPS to send it to Goldshell by going to a UPS Store.