New KD5 firmware addresses DxPool reject rates

"Dear User GoldShell recently updated the firmware of the GoldShell KD5 miner. After the DxPool test, KD5 mining stability has been improved and the rejection rate has significantly reduced after the upgrade, please update your KD5 firmware as soon as possible. Firmware update address: GitHub - goldshellminer/firmware: goldshell miner firmware
Thank you! "

DxPool posted this announcement on their website & on DxPool’s twitter account.
If you have a KD5 and are on DxPool, or want to try DxPool to help decentralize KDA, please update your firmware and let us know if the reject rates drop.
They say this is for the KD5 but the timestamp on the KD-Box firmware was also updated 6 hrs ago. Looks like I’m updating my KD-Box and moving to DxPool!!!
Firmware versions: KD5 - 2.1.6 KDBox - 2.1.3

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Have been on DX and seeing 5% or more reject rates with the box.

any reason why binary file isn’t showing on the website? am i doing something wrong?

Awesome! Hopefully this equals out the pools better.

1 Like

nevermind…i was able to figure it out

I’ve applied the 2.1.3 Firmware update to my KD Box. Its currently mining from Dxpool. I’ll give updates on how it does with the new firmware here after a few days…

1 Like

So any updates on how it’s been going on Dxpool with the new firmware? How’s the mining profits? How’s the reject rates? Thanks!

I switched from poolflare to dxpool the other day to get some hash out of poolflare, in doing so I updated the firmware. This is what I have so far with a KD5 and (2) KD Boxes. Looks like I’m getting about half the reject rate that I was getting when I first started on dxpool a few months back, and getting about 2.5 - 3 KDA less per day.

2 Likes

I’ve not noticed any difference between the new firmware and old firmware on my KD box.

It for sure did not make it worse, but nor can I say that it helped at all either…

So good news, as its always risky to upgrade right away to a new update, if the current software is working…

1 Like

Thanks, I appreciate your response. I might just swap anyway to compare.