New to Asic best starter for under $1000

I have been mining with gpus for most of the year and I already missed out on the great times of gpu mining…. But I wanted to go a little deeper in with my first asic. With $1000 being the max what would be the best bet? G1 mini but that’s more of a novelty I feel like. The Ipollo v1 mini was what I was thinking but the dag makes me nervous

1 Like

Have you checked out goldshell? they make some small/cheap and quiet “box” miners that are still somewhat profitable, and use very little power. the only real one is goldshell.com everything else is a scam.

1 Like

Oops i forgot the w’s its www.goldshell.com

Buy a new or used miner? The used miner will be cheaper. If you are more interested in mining Litecoin and Dogecoin, you can choose to buy Antminer L3+, the price is only more than $100. Antminer L3+ | Zeus Mining

1 Like

Ipollo V1 Mini Classic is probably the best ASIC under $1K to begin with

1 Like

Yes I have been checking them out but as someone new to this side there is so much too it. And the breakdown of roi is constantly changing so i figured i found fish around for others who are in the same boat and see what they ened up going with. Im thinking the Ipollo V1 mini for a starter at $750 and a hash or 130 or so it looks to do pretty good but the DAG limits its usage to mid 2024.

Honestly I love mining with the gpus but I would like to start moving towards a move aggressive passive income down the road by just starting out with something that is worth buying (wont run out of ram lifespan for Dag, minable on equipment that isn’t the cost of a car, and something i could get my roi from). I like the small Ipollo machines but the size of ram really kills it only lasting 2 more years for the model under $1000 plus anything Eth or Etc I love but also know whats possible ahead

Thats honestly the one I have in my shopping cart but I am worried about the DAG size and how currently with 3.6 it will only last till May 2024

if you wanna rip and ASIC then your best best is to mine BTC. Problem is, it will be near impossible to find something for $1000 that’s profitable. Unless you plan to speculatively mine and/or use the waste heat for something.

mini doge pro’s are nice and and easy to set up. Take up little space and put out little heat with low noise. you could get a couple for under that price and run on a pc power supply

1 Like

I regret buying the 3 V1 Mini Classics I got as I didn’t know about the DAG at the time. Seems to me that YT reviewers are suspiciously getting free ones to review and not mentioning it.
I wish I’d got the V1 mini (standard gold one) that has more memory. I could have afforded it with what I paid for the V1 mini classics.
When all that hashrate on Jasminers and other V1’s all pile over to ETC, that DAG limit is going to race forward and probably will be over 4GB early 2023 or worse. Then they are doorstops.
How much is your power costing?
I’ve only been mining 77 days when my first Goldshell arrived. I have a sheet in NZD that tracks the profitability of everything.
I changed my power company so I can charge batteries on night rate when the solar goes in, but it’s been raining here a lot to my install will be late september. So my peak rate power is too expensive so I’m shutting them off 8 hours a day currently.
But the stats are still valid. If you power is free, then gross profitability of miners as at Aug 8 2022 from worst to best:
LB Box (Mining to zpool paid in LTC)
ST Box (hard to find)
HS Box (mining Sia Coin) (lowest profit even)
Mini Doge Pro
CK Box
G1 Mini
SC Box
KD Box Pro
V1 Mini Classic

If you were paying 20c KWh NZD for power, so about 12c KWh USD, then this changes to:
LB Box
Mini Doge Pro
CK Box
HS Box
ST Box
G1 Mini
SC Box
KD Box Pro
V1 Mini Classic

I bought them all so I would know which ones to buy again.
If I was buying today - I would get KD Box Pro, as I’m currently a bit scared of anything else that only mines ETC. I’ll look again after all the hash rate has moved somewhere.
The SC Box is good, but what to do with SC? I can’t stake or save it and converting it to something else makes it taxable here. I’m trying to keep my taxes as easy as possible.
I’m thinking of getting another G1 Mini and having one on Grin and one on MWC to see what’s best. Neither of those are the easiest coins to deal with.

You can get a KD Box Pro for just over $1000 USD with a power supply. I’d do that if I were you.

1 Like