New to MINING. QUESTIONS

I bought my first mini KD box pro and now I’m hooked.
I have a round $3500 left to invest in mining. Yesterday I bought a CK lite and HS lite from gold shell. What are some other good options within my budget? I will be installing a mining tent in my basement w 220 power or possibly 240 if I can figure it out. I’m fairly new to the space so any and all input is greatly appreciated.

What up tails!! Oh and hello to you too I guess Vosk …

for any electrical work, always consult with a licensed electrician. Last thing you want is all your hardware, your house/residence, and possibly you, getting caught in a fire.

venting your hot air outside is beneficial but really only in the summer. As a residential miner, its ideal to heat your house with the hot air, or create a system to switch the exhaust from heating your house, to dumping it outside in the event it gets too hot.

that way you can subsidize the energy you would otherwise use to heat your home, on top of running your miners.

2 Likes

I think you’re on the right track with wanting a 240V power hook up. Pretty much everything is going to run at that.

As mentioned, think of ways to save the heat for the cold months. Otherwise, airflow is all you need to keep things running. My mining room gets hot and I have no problems with my goldshell miners staying within normal temp ranges. The only one that gets a bit hot is the HS box, but I’m not too worried about it. The hottest temp in my room this summer was 110*F which is technically beyond the operating temps in the miner’s documentation. I watched the board and chip temps with great concern, but they never went up beyond their normal range. I had a large shop fan wall mounted and pointed towards the racks of miners for additional airflow.

I would also recommend buying miners for projects that you support. For me, that’s part of the satisfaction of mining is contributing to the projects I like.

1 Like

Yes sir. You are right. I have taken these things into consideration. My father-in-law is a electrical engineer so I’m gonna take advantage of that when setting up the electrical. I do plan to have a system where I can alternate from venting hot air in and got air out.
I appreciate the feedback and if you have any other good resources for me to look into I would appreciate that as well.
I already love the mining community, everyone is very willing to help one another. Together we build the decentralized Network and Blockchains that we all love so much.

1 Like

Yea 240 is the way to go. Currently I plan to be selling my SC and handshake to buy BTC to take advantage of the rock bottom bear prices. I do love the Kadena network and plan to hodl those coins for a long time. Would like to pick up a KD lite, just feel they could come down in price more. I may look into buying 3 more KD box pro’s since I already have the power supply from goldShell that supports 4 of the box miners.
Thanks for the input.