Newbie need guidance

Hello dear miner senior. I would like to get into mining rig, but still got a little information about mining rig. I have some old parts like asus h61m-k motherboard and would like to mine with it, but it only have 3 slot pci-e gpu and i would like to mine with 6 gpu. My friends recommend me this 4 port pci-e expansion card adapter so i can focus my budget on gpu. Is it good or bad using this expansion card? And what PSU would you recommend me using for 6 radeon VII?

Assuming you can get your hands on 6 radeon vii I’d prolly use a 1600watt psu myself. I just finished a 6 rx5700xt rig and use a 1600 watt PSU for when I add two more. I’d look at a h110 btc motherboard for mining. It has 13 pci ports, though you’ll only ever use 8 if you use a windows operating system.

1 Like

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Looks like i need to buy new motherboard. That is 1 nice rig you have there

You’ll be astonished how power hungry and hot 6 VII are

1 Like

You heard the man lol!

2 Likes

h81 pro btc, recommended for 6x gpu over 6x h110

1 Like

Yes i thought about that too and having second thought between VII or RX 5700. But gpu cards is so expensive in my area, the VII cost around $817 and 5700 cost around $462 while my electric bill cost about 5 cent. for the sake of efficiency which card would you recommend?

5700 as if you buy 6x vii drop price be half and you buy around 10 for same price what you pay for vii, power supply for 5700 or vii recommend 2x 1200 watt or 3x 1600watt psu if you build 12x gpu 1x psu 6x gpu plus 6x riser 2x 6gpu 6riser, 3x power mobo and external fans or 2x psu 12xgpu 1x psu risers and mobo it will be 100% safe to mining even on stock setting or power hungry rvn without any hazard

Thank you. I’ll put it on the note

i have 12x 580 and is power hungry on rvn already got some burn plugs with 2x psu as is overload, add 1 more no more trouble some 12x have even 4x 850watt psu for rvn