Noob needs help if possible,thank you

Well, i came to the conclusion that i still prefer my Radeon VII to 2 5700xt.

Radeon VII gets 91Mhz @ 220w and 280w at the wall.

2 5700 xt gets 106Mhz @ 270 w and 375w at the wall.

95W more for 15Mhz is not a good deal. Not to mention the 5700s cost $820 to my door and the VII was $640 to the door. Glad i still kept 2 of them

Good looking parts list I’d second Thomas saying give each GPU its own power cable, and split riser only once. Hot cables not only can cause fires but they cost more electricity to run.

I’m interested in what you think of the mobo

It arrived guys! So damn excited for the set up! and im back for another dumb question because im a little lost on the splitters and cables.
So…i use the PCI-E 1x to 16x to connect all of my gpus to the motherboard yes? and i connect all my gpus to the psu?
And now for the thing i really dont understand is the PCIE splitters…
Thanks guys as always!

1 Like

I bought an extra set of power cables off the evga webpage. I power each 5700XT with 1 cable that has the two pcie6+2 pin connectors on the opposite end. Since my 1600 watt PSU has 9 8pin vga power ports it worked out perfectly. The 1600watt PSU didn’t fit the mining rig fram through so its held in kind of funny haha.

Start slow and move step by step. DO NOT put everything together and then try to power it on. You’ll be in for a real pain in the ass if you have to disassembled stuff to trouble shoot. I start with 1-2 cards. Power on, make sure risers work and usb cables are good etc. Then move on to next couple of cards, so on and so forth.

I’m not sure where your confusion is with the splitters though. The risers should have a 6 pin pci connector on them for power. I used 6 pin splitters for those and powered the risers from 2 of the SATA power ports on your PSU. What board did you end up getting?