Not one Bitcoin Miner would make a prophet if halving happed today

Even at all time high only the HYD 335TH would see a small daily profit.

It’s why people are either building out electrical infrastructure to generate cheap electricity or re using the heat. If you look through @Rasmus_Bang_Pedersen posts you’ll see he hooked up his 158T hydro S19 to pipes that heat his house, you can hook them up to your hot water system, those are ways of making it more efficient because that guy heating his house, he already had to pay to heat his house that way so it makes sense to hook your miner up and do it

1 Like

You make break even doing that but still would just be mining Bitcoin to heat a home.

1 Like

It’s an expense required to survive. I don’t live in a cold climate but if he had to pay for the power already then why not use his miner to do the exact same thing and then sell the BTC when it exceeds the value of the electricity for a profit?

1 Like

What electric rate are you using for this? At $.09/kWh a J Pro 104 currently clears roughly $2 profit/day and an S21 clears roughly $9 profit/day. Cut in half, that’s $1 and $4.5 profit/day unless I’m missing something?

2 Likes

Nar right now at $82/PH a J pro would return $8.52 before electricity, so that would be cut in half to $4.26, using 72kw would be a bill of $6.48 so you’d lose a bit more than $2 a day

1 Like

I’m running 18 Bitcoins Asics, just a little over 2 PH. I’m getting Nervous and banking on 100 k + ATH.

6 KA3 and difficulty at a Steady Climb.

2 Likes

Can I ask what your plans are for the halving? Sounds like S19 110TH miners? will you keep mining at a loss?

I doubt it…

Thank you for opening this discussion.

I will keep mining, even at a loss, but it depends on how much.
One might say it’s a risk, but I am willing to take the risk of BTC steadily crawling it’s way to 100K USD.
I have time to wait for years.

On another note: In case the title can be changed I would like to provide some polite, constructive feedback, due to the fact that someone might search for the term “profit”, and hardly a wise man on this forum: profit, as in capital gain is quite a different thing.