Outdoor cabinet for water cooled miners - best way to duct hot air out?

Every day that goes by where I don’t have power on my farm land to put my miners gives me more time to better think things through. I remembered seeing this cool outdoor container from a previous thread (down the bottom comment #26 by blockdestructor Help Us Build the Mining Shed 2.0! - #34 by blockdestructor) and it got me thinking, man should I do air cooled or water cooled or immersion cooled?

Anyway I am trying to design an outdoor cabinet which would be for water cooled miners, link is here (and price is in AUD) RAL7035 Powder Coated, Galvanised Mild Steel Enclosure 1200Hx1200Wx300 – AE Stainless Direct

I would be able to have 6 X Lian Li water cooling radiators wall mounted on the back wall (they are the 4.5kw version which is 592mm X 358mm, and 3 ASIC miners on the left side facing longways towards center, and 3 on the right facing longways towards the center.

To duct the air out, I dont want to cut holes at the top or sides if I dont have to, instead I was thinking I could have the cabinet raised off the ground a bit, cut 2 holes in the bottom and have 2 X 730 CFM exhaust fans I already have to duct the air out through the floor, and have another 2 X 730 CFM fans wall mounted above the radiators to push the hot air down towards the ground exhausts. Would that work as well as I think it would or am I missing something? Or if you had to water cool, how would you do it?

Just to put into perspective having this in a cabinet outside separate from my lithium batteries is safer which is why I am brain storming this, the cabinet can be in full shade and I am also going to try to come up with an air cooled cabinet and immersion cooling. Cheers legends

1 Like